'F' in card collector number?

By JJGlyph, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

In the core set the cards have an S, B, T, L based on which House they come from. Then in every other set they just have an F. What does the F stand for in the collector number? Does it have any significance?

Edited by JJGlyph

In the core set the cards have an S, B, T, L based on which House they come from. Then in every other set they just have an F. What does the F stand for in the collector number? Does it have any significance?

Pretty sure it stands for 'fixed.'

"Fixed" - because there are a fixed number of each card in each Expansion -- unlike the old CCG, which had "C", "U", & "R" cards: Commons, Uncommons, and Rares in varying numbers.

Thanks. So I guess the core set house codes were just a concept that they had to rethink.

If you took the Core decks apart to custom-build your own, and then later wanted to re-assemble the Core decks as they came in the box, just follow the letters!

I never noticed every single **** card had an F next to the set symbol and number until now.

Yeah. The core set having different letters to identify themselves seems to be so you can easily rebuild the core set decks.

kauai1964 made a brilliant observation. He wins.

Do the draft cards have an F or a rarity?

I think they have the same symbols, letter and number as the originals.

Edited by JohnyNFullEffect

One other thing that's always bugged me: if you put the collector numbers for the core set in order, there are a bunch of, seemingly random, numbers missing.

So maybe they have the same numbers as the originals and not all originals were brought over?

No. Just misnumbered. Core set Robert is mentioned in the FAQ as having this problem.

Here are the missing core set numbers:

Did they really mess that many up?
Edited by JJGlyph
27 Northern Fiefdoms

30 Great Keep

31 Great Keep

59 Western Fiefdoms

62 The Goldroad

63 The Goldroad

90 Robert Baratheon

93 Stormlands Fiefdoms

96 Aegon's Garden

97 Aegon's Garden

99 Narrow Sea

110 Rhaegal

128 Eastern Fiefdoms

129 Eastern Fiefdoms

132 Temple of the Graces

143 Crossroads

148 Crossroads

153 Crossroads

154 Crossroads

179 Distinct Mastery

Thanks. I didn't realize the doubles got their own number. Strange. Guess that goes back to reassembling the decks.

Edited by JJGlyph