Scottish Regional Event?

By DaveJW, in UFS Uk Forum

Hi there,

I'm in the process of opening a games/comic shop in Kirkcaldy. Paperwork pretty much signed (awaiting survey) and aiming to open by end of May / early June at the latest.

Anyway I've got a local UFS (Street Fighter mainly) community being built at the moment thanks to the 3rd Anniversary kits that were distributed recently and I am contemplating hosting a series of events for UFS in the shop.
Space isn't an issue as it has seating for 32 players upstairs in the private event space (will be used for various gaming formats and comic book events) and also have space for more downstairs in the retail space if necessary.
I've been speaking to FFG about running the event and like I say I'm keen however I ideally need to know how many people would actually turn up and obviously want to schedule it as flexibly as possible (to not clash with other events).

So I suppose my question is this. If I was to host a regional in Kirkcaldy, would you attend?

Cheers,

Dave

KingdomOfAdventure said:

Hi there,

I'm in the process of opening a games/comic shop in Kirkcaldy. Paperwork pretty much signed (awaiting survey) and aiming to open by end of May / early June at the latest.

Anyway I've got a local UFS (Street Fighter mainly) community being built at the moment thanks to the 3rd Anniversary kits that were distributed recently and I am contemplating hosting a series of events for UFS in the shop.
Space isn't an issue as it has seating for 32 players upstairs in the private event space (will be used for various gaming formats and comic book events) and also have space for more downstairs in the retail space if necessary.
I've been speaking to FFG about running the event and like I say I'm keen however I ideally need to know how many people would actually turn up and obviously want to schedule it as flexibly as possible (to not clash with other events).

So I suppose my question is this. If I was to host a regional in Kirkcaldy, would you attend?

Cheers,

Dave

Even though i live in Newcastle..............HELLS YEA XD, we havent got much of a community up here (its just me and 3 others), but yea if we have the money we probably would travel, only ever been there once but that was to play yugioh.

Anyways back to the question, yea i would come and attend.

Shannux-Echitie said:

Even though i live in Newcastle..............HELLS YEA XD, we havent got much of a community up here (its just me and 3 others), but yea if we have the money we probably would travel, only ever been there once but that was to play yugioh.

Anyways back to the question, yea i would come and attend.

Excellent. The shop isn't that far from Adam Smith College which hosted the Yu-Gi-Oh events you mention. Whilst Alan & John (who run the Yu-Gi-Oh and other events) aren't directly involved in this they have been very supportive of my plans.

I'll post back in due course (once the shop is open) and look to arrange the event for July-ish perhaps. If there's anyone else who would be interested please let me know.

You harrassed Kenny yet? happy.gif It would also be handy if a few more from North of the Tweed posted on here any way, it's odd having no Scotts around.

Tallgeese said:

You harrassed Kenny yet? happy.gif It would also be handy if a few more from North of the Tweed posted on here any way, it's odd having no Scotts around.

There are plenty of Scots in Scotland happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

I emailed him last week but had no response, will call him tomorrow in between getting quotes for stuff on the shop ahead of signing the lease next week. Excitement! Panic! Other emotions of extreme!

Speedsta said:

There are plenty of Scots in Scotland

Plenty of English here too judging by my last visit to Edinburgh...

KingdomOfAdventure said:

will call him tomorrow

Right, have just had a 20 minute chat with Kenny about a number of things. He said he had 10+ players for the pre-release recently which is good but he doesn't think he'll see them again as UFS players until the next pre-release event.

If I was to host a Regional Event he'd be more than happy to promote it and work with me to get the player base mobilised. We're going to keep in touch on a semi-regular basis on this and other things which is great.

So remind me, how many players do I need for a Regional to work?

Cheers,

Dave