Orgins 2009?

By Mgrancey, in UFS Fan Announcements

I looked, but didn't see any mention of it. Is there going to be anykind of tournament or such at Orgins at the end of June?

yes american nats will be held there. you have to go to origins 2009 website and find the date of it though.

Steve already confirmed Origins will be US team and singles for Nationals and it will be Saturday and sunday keep in mind FFG will not be coming too this convention it is purely for UFS.

Scubadude said:

Steve already confirmed Origins will be US team and singles for Nationals and it will be Saturday and sunday keep in mind FFG will not be coming too this convention it is purely for UFS.

Saturday and Sunday? Here is what Steve said in the March STOG:

FFGSteve said:

Hi everyone,

It’s time for the March State of the Game, so lets get started.

The first topic is Nationals and where are they going to be? They will be at Origins again this year, FFG does not have a booth at the convention but some of us will be there to run the events. Team Nationals will be run on Friday June 26th, and The Singles championship will be held on Saturday June 27th. Registration for both events starts at 10am.

See you in the arena,

Steve

Oh your right my mistake for getting that mixed up .

Somewhat new to game what is Nationals? Show up and signup or you have to won certain other tournaments?

Donahue said:

Somewhat new to game what is Nationals? Show up and signup or you have to won certain other tournaments?

Nationals is basically one step down from worlds the biggest tournament of the year. At nationals if you win the team event you get a store asset named after the teams store. At singles for nationals you win your own character card along with a ton other stuff.

Scubadude said:

Donahue said:

Nationals is basically one step down from worlds the biggest tournament of the year. At nationals if you win the team event you get a store asset named after the teams store. At singles for nationals you win your own character card along with a ton other stuff.

to actually answer your question, it's the former - show up and signup.

also - you kinda have to keep the tradition of beating the reigning champ (that would be me) during the rounds in order to have a chance cool.gif

And i'll be there! Its my home town and stuff (though you don't have to worry about me beating anyone. I won't be playing UFS most likely)

Boo yeah - just booked my tickets for this :)

- dut

GouHadou said:

also - you kinda have to keep the tradition of beating the reigning champ (that would be me) during the rounds in order to have a chance cool.gif

Hmmm I'll take you up on that.

GouHadou said:

Scubadude said:

Donahue said:

to actually answer your question, it's the former - show up and signup.

So if we face in swiss and I offer some Steak N Shake on the ultra rare and never before seen Olexa bucks can I have the win? If it would multiply my chances of winning by tenfold I am game :P

Sadly, I won't be able to make it to Orgins this year, but hopefully GenCon is a possibility.

i dont think tht there will be unless someone outside of the fantASY flight team is going to run it.

Um.. did you read above at all cuki?

I will be at origins, assisting the FFG staff in the execution of UFS-ness.

There ARE (two official) UFS events at Origins.