No Recharge tokens on a miss

By Romus, in WFRP Rules Questions

In the rule book it says that if an action fails then no recharge tokens are placed on it. But the changeling has a reaction action card that says, "if they hit add 1 extra recharge token, if they miss, add 2"

First I don't think I like the no recharge on a miss rule, but that changeling card makes me wonder if one way or the other was overlooked. Maybe that rule was going to be taken out and they left it in by mistake.

Do all of you follow that rule?

Ah, the changeling..are you running one of these scenarios?

So, it causes a no recharge miss to gain recharge. Cool! You will also have recharge if they roll a delay, even if they miss.

jh

They new exactly what they were doing. The point is that, hit or miss, the player has to wait an extra turn before you can use the action again.

let's say the player uses an action with recharge 3: Under normal circumstances, it would go like this:

Turn of attack(hit): Place 3 tokens, then remove 1 at turn's end (2 remaining)

Turn 1: remove 1 (1 remaining)

Turn 2: remove 1 (0 remaining)

Turn 3: action available to use again

Turn of attack(miss): Place no no tokens

Turn 1: action available to use again

Now, with the changeling's special action:

Turn of attack(hit): Place 4 tokens, then remove 1 at turn's end (3 remaining)

Turn 1: remove 1 (2 remaining)

Turn 2: remove 1 (1 remaining)

Turn 3: remove 1 (0 remaining)

Turn 4: action available to use again

Turn of attack(miss): Place 2 tokens, then remove 1 at turn's end (1 remaining)

Turn 1: remove 1 (0 remaining)

Turn 2: action available to use again

So the delay has gone from (2/0) to (3/1)

The only place it gets weird is that hitting with 0-recharge actions means no delay, but missing means a 1-turn delay. I think it's fine to keep as is, but if you wanted to change it, you could place 2 tokens on a 0-recharge action that hits, or no tokens on a 0-recharge attack that misses.

Ok makes sense, thanks