Jobin

By Feraldis, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey, does anyone play in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area? I am currently OL for a group that just can't keep up with me. It's getting a little tough for me to play down to their level and I would like a challenge from a real Hero party.

Feraldis said:

Hey, does anyone play in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area? I am currently OL for a group that just can't keep up with me. It's getting a little tough for me to play down to their level and I would like a challenge from a real Hero party.

Wow, that's crazy that you should ask. We've recently begun a new campaign and our OL clearly has NO IDEA what he is doing. It's like pulling teeth to get him to kill us even once per dungeon. I mean, I like winning all the time as much as the next guy, but it has to at least FEEL like a challenge, y'know?

Friend me and we can exchange some info.

Feanor,

I have read much of the forums and have seen many of your posts. I'm sorry, but I do not feel that you are quite the caliber of player that I am looking for. Thanks for the friend offer, but I just don't think you could cut it. You seem to be too lateral in your approach to the game and any player would need to be much more versatile to possibly compete with me. I don't know if you know this or not, but I'm kind of a big deal.

Feraldis said:

Feanor,

I have read much of the forums and have seen many of your posts. I'm sorry, but I do not feel that you are quite the caliber of player that I am looking for. Thanks for the friend offer, but I just don't think you could cut it. You seem to be too lateral in your approach to the game and any player would need to be much more versatile to possibly compete with me. I don't know if you know this or not, but I'm kind of a big deal.

LOL! Wow, that has got to be one of the most blatantly sad and arrogant things I've ever read on this forum.

that is such a brutal put down. Wow.

Dude just Rolled 4 surges on his "PUT DOWN" ability which adds 2 shame to his attack.

Big Remy said:

Feraldis said:

Feanor,

LOL! Wow, that has got to be one of the most blatantly sad and arrogant things I've ever read on this forum.

Or any forum...

Kind of surprised me too, as Feanor has always seemed to me to be a smart player who perhaps deliberately played down a little for greater game enjoyment (if I was forced to make an unsubstantiated judgement).

I keep looking for the punchline on the joke, but I don't see it. Unless it is a private in-joke and they really know each other and are good friends. Even then, it is such a dodgy call...

Guys,

Feanor is a player in my campaign. This is just a little bit of trash talk. He really is a good player and a great friend (and the best man in my wedding.) Now, with that being said...

I'm still looking for a player that might have a chance of matching my skill. :)

I feel like SIr Alric is going to be a little upset that you chose a Hero as your best man...

Feraldis said:

Guys,

Feanor is a player in my campaign. This is just a little bit of trash talk. He really is a good player and a great friend (and the best man in my wedding.) Now, with that being said...

I'm still looking for a player that might have a chance of matching my skill. :)

HAHAHA....okay then, well played! Sorry for my getting bent then.

Feraldis said:

Guys,

First off, thanks to any who had good things to say in my defense-much appreciated. Feraldis is in fact one of my closest friends and is now OL in our second campaign. I figured out yesterday from some of his posts and our conversations during our last session that it was him, and he let me know I was right via this post, which I found to be quite amusing. He is a quality player, and our campaign thus far has been challenging and fun with him as OL.

That being said, my Lieutenants from last campaign are still waiting in the smoking ruins of Tamalir for a band of heroes that can actually challenge them. ;-p