Agendas

By AussieJedi, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I have been looking through my core set and have found 0 agendas there. Am I missing them, or do I get them in expansions.

Is there a particular agendas that I should look at getting into my Targaryen Deck?

Thanks (new to the game)

I have been looking through my core set and have found 0 agendas there. Am I missing them, or do I get them in expansions.

Is there a particular agendas that I should look at getting into my Targaryen Deck?

Thanks (new to the game)

Agendas offer you new deckbuilding possibilities, but there's nothing wrong with not using one (they're not necessarily strictly better or worse than not running an agenda). At high level tournament play, roughly a third of decks don't use an agenda. There are no agendas in the core set, and you'll find them scattered throughout the chapter packs and deluxe boxes.

That said, for Targaryen the more popular agendas are "House of Dreams" to get the Dragonpit in play, "Knights of the Hollow Hill" to get good mileage out of the influence, especially with ambush, and "The Maester's Path" for a very specific kind of deck typically taking advantage of "Meereenese Fighting Pit" and a chained-up maester. In melee, the agenda "Heir to the Iron Throne" is often used to speed up dragon decks.

Edited by -Istaril