storing painted miniatures?

By luckycharms94, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I've recently painted my descent figurines, and I'm wondering if I should store them in a particular way, or if i should just throw them in the box loose like i usually do. What should i do?

How are you finishing the minis? Are you giving them a clear coat finish?

I gave my painted minis a clear top coat of a matte finish. I store them in a tackle box by type. So far, I have not seen any wear.

You definately need to seal the paintings, otherwise it won't matter how you store them, just handling them will wear off the paint.

If you've used a good sealant, then you could just throw them in the box. I, however, would opt not to. I'm currently using the expansion boxes to store my minis. I've padded the boxes with eggfoam, cut out the shapes of all the minis, and now they're nicely organized and protected. I have all the expansions, and am using 3 boxes for almost all the minis (the Dragon and the Demon didn't fit, they're loosely stored in the 4th box, along with a bunch of rules and other items).

I'll try to take a picture and upload tonight to show you what I mean.

-shnar

I can recommend Army Painter's anti shine matt varnish spray. It doesn't leave any gloss to the minis, but does seem to protect them. I've used it to seal my warhammer and Descent figures, and works real nice. And as a spray it's real quick and easy.