How to forge

By Hysteria, in Game Mechanics

I've got a question about the Expert Forger that's found in the Age of Rebellion. Normally I woul associate making forgeries with Skulduggery, and yet the only skills the forger has are Knowledge(Underworld), Perception 2, Streetwise 2, and Vigilance 1. I've looked through the skills and I haven't found anything about making a forgery, so I'm wondering if I'm overlooking something, or if this character block has a typo in it.

The big reason I'm asking is because the forger in Edge of the Empire has a skulduggery skill instead of a streetwise skill.

Edited by Hysteria

I'd say it really depends on what you're trying to forge. A good forgery could work on multiple different levels: expert knowledge might lend itself to a very convincing "official" writeup, while if you're simply looking to copy a signature you could craft one yourself with the generic Skulduggery skill (Hard difficulty) or a more specific skill like Medicine for a biometric signature or Computers for an electronic signature (Average difficulty).

If you're looking to alter an already-extant document, Streetwise or a specific Knowledge skill might get you closer to getting your hands on that document, and then you can advise one of your compatriots on how to alter the document.

It's all very situational. I wouldn't lock "forging" into a specific skill.

Edited by awayputurwpn

I would agree that Skulduggery is the skill used for forging almost anything where Computers wouldn't specifically be appropriate. There might be some odd cases like trying to make a fake part for a starship or droid where Mechanics is best too.