Transference

By crimhead, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hello.

I won a game last night by casting transference while in the Plain Of Peril to switch places with the player in the Crown Of Command. I just want to make sure that's legal.

Also, is there an official FAQ on this site somewhere (for this game and/or others). Thanks!

Yeah, Transference has been ruled legal in the Inner Region.

It's a very nasty spell.

you want to keep it until the end, if it is necessary to use it in the inner region hehe.

But if your opponent use a counter spell on you, then your trick don't work lol

Q: Can a Character cast Transference while on the Crown of Command?

Of course another Character must be in the Inner Region. Perhaps the answer is "no, because you don't move while on the Crown". I need a brief confirmation.

Yes, if you really want too!!!

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

Yes, if you really want too!!!

Ell.

Interesting. This is the only way to leave the Crown so far, but can I switch place with a Character on the Crown of Command, while my Character is at the Crown of Command?

More generally speaking,

Q: Can a Character use Transference on another Character on the same space?

It's not prohibited by the Spell card itself. You might get rid of the Spell while at the Crown of Command and also re-encounter on your next Turn a Character that has just encountered yours. Maybe you can take immediate vengeance.

I promise this is my last question about Tranference.

No, you must be on a different space from the other character. Otherwise you may not cast the Transference Spell.

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

No, you must be on a different space from the other character. Otherwise you may not cast the Transference Spell.

Ell.

Ok, I rightfully lost my last game because I was stuck with Transference on the Crown. Next time I'll use it to switch places with the incoming Character on the Valley of Fire, since it can be cast while on the Crown. It's better to lose a Life due to Command Spell than have no Spells for the final combat.