Not Doom, but intriguing...

By Petru5, in Doom

The very small blurb that FFG uses to describe Gears of War: The Boardgame makes me think it may be like Doom, but with squads.

" Gears of War is a tactical game featuring squad-based combat based on the hit Xbox game by Epic Games."

I've often contemplated taking the Doom rules and converting them into a game that would play similarly to Space Hulk, Mutant Chronicles (Siege of the Citadel, not the new 54mm version) or Space Crusade. It wouldn't be too hard to make Doom into a squad-based funfest, even if it was just two-man squads.

Now that sounds intriguing ... a non-Doom, Doom-like squad game. Now only if they make is compatible with Doom ... a non-Doom, Doom-like expansion!

If they do, I will open a gate to the Netherealm myself, rip off a demon's head with my teeth, splatter the remains to oblivion, and then eat some chocolate to celebrate.

Man I can't agree enough, I would love to see another spacey sci-fi game come along with new figures on the same scale of the doom figures, using the same tile system as Doom and Descent. It would be far better than a Doom expansion because

a) It would be a game in it of itself, playable by its own rights

and

b) would both be expansion material for Doom, just as Doom pieces could become expansion material for it!

One can only hope...

A war game is a war game, and futuristic war gaming's my game gran_risa.gif

Are there still links to FFG's GoW Boardgame? Because I'm blind, and I can't seem to find them.

Cannot see any myself.... :/ Any help?

YoshiPL said:

Cannot see any myself.... :/ Any help?

I went and discovered it... scroll up to the top FFG options, select upcoming. Then scroll almost all the way to the bottom. No site yet, and very little information otherwise.