Want to buy it...

By elidaman, in BattleLore

I am liking what i see and hear...but want to know will they add more factions so that it can be a 3 or 4 player game or..it is meant to be ONLY 2 player game.

Cheers and ty for responding...

Well, as far as I know there's not been an official statement yet, but so far my money would be on either another base set or individual faction sets introducing Elves and Undead, plus 1 or 2 new units for Daquan and Uthuk, and then, if it still sells well, another wave of Orcs and Dwarves.

In BattleLore v1 there was the "Epic"-Version (as far as I know, never played it) that combined 2 or more boards to play with 4 or even 6 players. While this still should be possible, I'm not certain how this would tie into the scenario decks or victory points...

I'd guess it'll stay 1v1 for a while- but someone at BGG will surely convert the epic-version into v2.

Edited by LoneWolf2k1

With two core sets you could easily setup 2 maps side by side, 2 players on a side. Each player could choose his own scenario card and setup his half of the battlefield, create his own 50 point army and so on, but players on the same side of the map would be working together.

If future expansions just contain new factions and cards, you'd still need a 2nd core set for the second map. Some people have suggested an expansion essentially be a different core set, with 2 new factions, map board and cards. I was hooked enough to get a 2nd core set already for more units, so that option doesn't appeal much to me personally :)

If I could have my wish, I'd like to see:

2 new factions, don't care if they're one at a time or 2 in one. Each faction to include a lore deck, 7 scenario cards, tokens for abilities and such... maybe some new terrain if scenarios require them.

Once we get new factions, a catch all expansion adding some new elite/legend units to the existing factions. Emphasis on spell casters and siege weapons!

More factions? Heroes? Neutral mercenary units that can be used by any faction?

I'm happy to see the new online scenario editor, but personally I love the existing scenario system. I'm not that interested in fixed scenarios and such like Memoir 44 favors.

Edited by Daverman

Buy it, unless you can't handle having the best laid plans of mice and men destroyed by well timed lore cards and treacherous dice rolls. I love this game. It will always, in essence, be a two player game, even with the addition of team play. Kinda like War of the Ring is a two player game even though it says it can support 4. If you look at the scenario builder article, you will notice that FFG says it will be modified to support future expansions. I'm guessing we have at least one or two planned expansions for this year.

As far as the scenario builder goes, I prefer the new way scenarios are handled outside of the box, but I like the 'reverse compatibility' of pre built scenarios. I remember spending hours and hours dreaming up map and troop builds for v1 on the Days of Wonder builder. Also, this could be a fun way to mod existing C&C scenarios to this fantasy setting.

thank you for your responses... i will hold onto buying for now till future expansions..But a sure buy in the future :)