Hastur Deck Questions

By IrishCross, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

Hi everyone! I recently picked up the CoC Core Set as a new player. I already can tell that Hastur is my favorite faction and I was curious what are some good directions to take my deck building. I don't currently have the budget to buy more core sets or major expansions, but I was considering picking ip a couple Asylum Packs. I'm also mostly looking for deck ideas that revolve around either mono-Hastur or a two faction deck that features Hastur and a faster faction for early-game speed. The main strategy I'm focusing on is driving as many of my opponent's creatures insane as possible then destroying or controlling them. Any ideas or must-have cards are welcomed!

I am a brand new player as well and just recently picked up and started playing. As I am sure some of the other guys will recommend take a look at http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/CoC/CoCCards.html and start browsing through the packs to prioritize your selections.

There are probably a variety of options for Hastur/X decks but a few to look at are: Hastur/Yog, Hastur/Shub, or Hastur/MU. These are are versions I have messed around with using the cards I have. With Yog and some neutrals you get some good complimentary cards, card draw, recursion. With Shub you can speed up your resourcng and draw out some of your deck to get to what you need. MU (just watch the Hero/Villain issues) gets you some card draw and some quick rush to get early successes while you are setting up the control.

I don't think that mono-Hastur is currently a realistic option. I'd try to pair them with a faction that is strong in combat icons (Cthulhu, Agency) or struggle control (Miskatonic). Combining them with Yog to gain access to additional control effects and related trickery might also work.

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I'm really looking for some quick rush and early control, so I figured that Hastur/MU would be a good pairing. May also look into Shub as well.