Options For 'The Dragon'

By Ocelot43, in Talisman Home Brews

I was thinking of creating two alternate ending cards for use with 'The Dragon', one for using the Dragon Tower and one for the Dragon Realm (both for revealed endings, obviously), and shuffling them in. If either comes up, play a game of The Dragon using the middle board. If a different ending comes up, I'd just use the regular board.

My main thoughts for doing this is 'The Dragon' doesn't look like it would play well with other alternate endings. This would be a way of playing with the contents of the expansion, but only occasionally.

It seems like I'd be less likely to get tired of the 'fiddly bits' this way as well. :)

Has anyone thought of doing this before? If so, do they have a pdf of the alternate ending cards I can use?

In my games, 2 player, we mostly use the Dragon Realm board, Inner Region side, whether or not we use revealed or hidden alt endings, or not. Mostly that is, since we "mostly" use alt endings, hidden-preferred anyway.

So yes, it does/can feel out of character to traverse the Inner Region fighting the various Dragons, dealing with the calculations of scales etc only to finally land on the Crown and find out that The Ice Queen was the big bad all along. Jarring.

But we mostly just go along with that. Perhaps in some ways Dragons just aren't always the top-dog.

Of course we enjoy our games without the Dragon board, but we'll still use the Princes, Scales, deck etc.

On another thread I indicated that not playing with more than 2 players and not very often sorta challenges me to integrate the total expansions sets because otherwise the game might seem less interesting.