Tassadar warpgate

By blarknob, in StarCraft

So I'm going to try something in the future with tassadars warpgate leadership card. I think it would be very cool to combo it with arbiters to have a very mobile force that pretty much doesn't need transports. You can get your army to any empty space on the board with warp gate then use arbiters to reinforce it.

I think this strategy would spend the first turn building at home without expanding then warping things out on regroup. This woud be best in a six player game where you have lots of space to expand to.

I find Warp Gate particullary usefull not only to expand (what is pretty easy).

You should use it in two ways:

- Get to all CP areas which you consider to be safe in your first rounds. It's quite probable you will be able to win by Normal Victory.

- Attack unsuspecting enemies on planets where they can't do much harm to you, with strongest units you can use.

I agree this card works best in bigger galaxies. But Tassadar with Warp Gate never should be underestimated, the faster his installation is destroyed, the better to you.

Hey there...

I know i am a few (light) years after your discussion, but would like to check anyhow, cause we have started to re-use this game recently and have some (probably many) questions.

This leadership card prints "Move your units to". It is my belief that since the wording is a "move" (and not a "place" or something) you could only transport to adjacent planets via transport routes. Where do you base your conclusion that you actualy "teleport" anywhere on a 6-player 12 (or 18) planet map?

We played it as you suggest in our game, since we did not have seccond thoughts at start, but in the way it just proved too powerful, and decided to check for eratta & faq (and disappoitingly, we found none on the matter :P ).

This installation definitely does not require form its owner to have any transports to a destination planet.

move = take units from board

place = take units from anywhere = gain new units

Yes, the word "move" does not equal the "move order token". That is, it does not limit you to your units ending up either on the same planet or on an adjacent planet. What limits how far your units can travel is the placement of the move order token. Those can only be placed on planets where you control an area or on an adjacent planet.

In this case, "move" simply means "to relocate a unit with no restrictions other than what is specified on the card".