Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2014

By PiltharShokmeister, in WFRP Archived Announcements

They said they have no new announcement for the line, but they have announced some reprints (which I dont recall seeing?).

The reprint is listed as "In Development" for the WFRP core set (5th Aug 2013), the adventurers toolkit (1st Aug 2013), and the game masters guide (29th Oct 2013). Not sure what these dates actually mean.

I emailed and asked what those dates were...

Thanks for your question! The small date just under the title of the game on the Upcoming page indicates the date of the most recent update. This usually just happens when we change the status of an item. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Tony Mills

Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team

[email protected]

So those dates are when the products were placed on Reprint. Quite a while ago...

Breaking News: Tyranny of Dragons (D&D 5e) is set for an aggressive release this year - across quite a few gaming formats.

Perfect timing to add some competition with a new WFRP campaign, or PoD... Something at least!

I'll probably buy DnD5, but I'll be playing something else most likely. I'd be happy to give FFG that money instead (y'know for like an elf or Bretonnia expansion). ;-)

For what it's worth, Waylander Games have WFRP 3e's 'Expected to ship on' date as 14th February 2014.

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/fantasy-flight-games/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-core-box-set/prod_7776.html

If this is truly the release of the reprint, it'll be the best Valentine's Day ever!

But it begs the question why this date hasn't been updated in the FFG "Upcoming" section....

I don't know. But I got the feeling they never received any, and have stopped advertising they can order the core set.

A while back there was a rumour about a Skaven expansion and some Elf stuff…. I had high hopes…. and I guess I'm still hoping, but my bets are certainly hedged, though man I hope FF continues this game.

I know it is some time away, but I'm heading to GenCon this year. I'll talk to Jay Little and other FFG folks when I'm there to try to get some teaser tidbits if nothing is heard by then.

Edited by dvang

I know it is some time away, but I'm heading to GenCon this year. I'll talk to Jay Little and other FFG folks when I'm there to try to get some teaser tidbits if nothing is heard by then.

dvang,

that is excellent! I am really hoping they don't drop this game. Me and my friends greatly enjoy playing it and will certainly support further products. I'd love to see a Skaven supplement, Elf (high or Wood) supplement or more adventures. Any FFG staff reading this?

The core set vanished from the upcomming section!

So, does this mean FFG are confirming WFRP is no longer available as we currently know it??!

This is potentially exciting, but why keep those other two WFRP products on reprint if the edition is going to be updated?

Then there is the same argument if FFG are not going to support WFRP any more, why not take all the products off the Upcoming list?

Or has the core set simply been removed because the list has a maximum number of products it can display, for example?

@Beren

I Liked your post, not for the news, but for your eagle eye at spotting this!