Shistavanen Wolfman Edge 1?

By Jakooth, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hi,

Sorry it might be a stupid question, but what does it mean:

Edge [1].

My initial assumption was it counts as just 1 in an Edge battle and as 2 in a force struggle.

Thanks!

It counts as 1 in an edge battle, but it doesn't count as anything in a force struggle. The description is on pg25 ... the trick is not to extrapolate more rules around things than what the rules actually say.

Thanks a lot I found it.

Bottom line I was wrong and now, if I'm getting this right the card count as total 3 in an Edge battle - 2 from the force icons and [1] from the text.

We had only the printed manual today and this was not under the E index, so we ignored this rule, but I guess next time we have to be more patient and read the manual more carefully before going into battle ;)

Incorrect. You only count the edge if unit is in play and during an edge battle. In an edge battle add 1. That is all it means.

The force icons only are counted if card is used during an edge battle and put into your edge stack and then that is all that you count. Edge 1 doesn't matter as cards played in edge battles that are not fate cards are basically blank.

Edited by Toqtamish

Yeah, the edge [1] means that the unit adds [1] to the total when participating in an edge battle. The Force icons on the side of the card are for when it is being used as a card in the edge stack (or when calculating the Force struggle if committed and ready).

Edited by MasterJediAdam

These guys are awesome by the way, I hate it that they are only 1 per deck.

They are very powerful. I really like them very much as well. In fact, the whole OSet is pretty fantabulous.

At least you get 2 of them in the 1-per-deck objective set then :-)

If the unit is in play: it adds 1 force icon to your edge stack during engagements it participates in . Its two printed force icons are ignored, as those only matter for resolving force struggles once a unit is in play.

If the card is placed into an edge stack from your hand: it contributes its two printed force icons. The edge [1] text is ignored, as the text of cards placed in an edge stack has no effect, except for fate cards.

If the set wasnt limit one then you wouldn't get 2 of these in the set. So even though it is limit 1, you are getting the same amount of this unit that you would if you were allowed two of the set in a deck.

I would rather have the 1x set include the other Obi-Wan (Forgotten Heroes Obi). I would play 1x of it still if the BotF Obi could be 2x!

In you must go x2

Forgotten Heroes x2

Jedi Training x2

Self Perservation

Knowledge and Defense x2

Watchers in the Wasteland

I tried this as a control deck, its not bad. I changed it to add Luke's pod and went to one Forgotten Heroes. A little improvement. How can this be better?

I loved the S Wolfmen in this deck because they fight, die and come back.

Can this guy be used in an edge battle, discarded, then be brought into play on that edge battle? I'm not seeing a clarification on this yet. According to the rules it seems like the edge battle is first resolved, and then the cards are discarded. So maybe this isn't legal. Can anybody else confirm that this is correct, or are these guys that much more powerful?

He comes in to play after a force struggle. Not an edge battle.

Hmm, don't know why I kept reading that wrong. Sorry for the incompetence.

Lol all good.

Now that I'm playing with this guy correctly, what happens if my opponent takes control of him with Join Us or is it 'Join Me'? This came up in a game where DS takes control of him, then LS kills him. Can he go to the DS discard pile and ressurect? I couldn't find anything useful about taking control of cards in FAQ or rules. Didn't find much about LS vs DS cards either but I think that's where the answer may be.

When a card leaves play, it goes to the owner's out of play area, so it will go to the LS discard pile and the LS player would be the one able to bring it back into play with the Reaction.