W:I Game Night Kit Event - Liverpool UK 07/02/14

By meggypeggs, in Warhammer Invasion Organized Play

Hi,

We have managed to obtain a Game night kit (Season 3) and plan to hold a friendly tournament on 07/02/14. So bring along your whacky decks for an enjoyable evening.

We plan to get some pictures of the event and winners and post them on here.

Venue:

Scythe and Teacup Gamer Cafe

61a Kempston Street,

Liverpool,

L3 8HE

Start Time: 7pm (venue closes at 11pm)

Entry Fee: Its Free!

Format: Standard Constructed (We intend on running the official FAQ 2.2 on the FFG Website)

Prize: Top finish player will receive a Warhammer Invasion official Playmat and 2 different promo cards (Lizardmen and Dark Elf)

The rest of the promo cards will be shared out to all participating in the event (we have 19 or so promo cards to give away).

I look forward to hopefully seeing some new faces

Hi meggypeggs. How was that game night kit event in Liverpool? Probably was cool. Do you know about anyone who playing WHI in West London? Also where you can by WHI from the UK. I am ordering from US because I haven't find in stock in UK nowhere.

Hi Jud,

It was a great evening and rather than give the playmat away, we planned to have the winner keep the playmat until the next planned tournament.

Crazy as it sounds W:I players in the UK are few and far and I was lucky to get a response through BGG.

We have another planned tourny on 13/06/14 at the same venue (Liverpool and anyone is welcome) but I think that event may be too far for you :(

As for the cards I ended up buying the full set from a chap in Ireland (again BGG) after selling a foiled MTG card for £150...crazy and have never regretted it.

Yep. It's sounds bad. I know this game is so popular in Poland and millions polish live in the UK but they not the ones who play WH:I. :D :D :D

You are right about travelling to Liverpool would be quite expensive unless if we travell together with my WH:I group together by car and share the fuel cost. ;) Unluckily the tournament date is quite close and to organise a journey to there cannot be done within a day. Nevermind because they are not ready yet for a tourney. I started to collect WH:I for nearly a year now but the other three friend of mine only played couple of times. Basically we try to hold one session a month at the last Saturdays.

If you could let me know next time a little bit earlier about orginized tourney might be we can get there next time. ;)

Good Luck to the tournament.

Edited by JudJackalTom