Measurement policy

By kaltorak, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Hi, in the old Diskwars game, as in almost every tabletop miniatures games it is forbidden taking measures before moving, activating abilities and do ranged attacks.

In the DW rules I don't find anything on this topic, which can be fairy important in tournaments.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Umberto

You can measure range whenever you want.

This is covered on page 5 of the rulebook in the "Range" sidebar. Its at the top right of the page

nowadays therr are only few games le ft that you can't measure

I'm a defender of the "no pre measuring" in games that need measuring like Star Wars.

I think i'd fit in Diskwars too but if the rules allow pre measuring i'll us it.

Or maybe house rule it in the game and see how it goes.

Personally me and my friends are heaving couple policies in this game. First of all we call start and end movement.. so for units with mobile u need to call end of movement then u can mesure who u can shoot at..if at all. ( works for archers, mages, Sun Dragon etc.) Second is when u call shooting..at unit u mark it as active..then u can mesure. It works, and there is no more stupid arguments 'can i can't i etc..." . Third is movement in general when we stop movement..we stop..thats it ..no more can i flip one more..or sth. works like a charm for us but i know its kind of restricting.