Power armor issues

By Boss Gitsmasha, in Game Mechanics

The big issue with no alternatives for power sources, is that there are a lot of BY THE BOOK literal GMs who scoff at any creative fixes to issues or even go as far as calling you powergaming for "trying to have better than the book" or "taking stuff from another book" in the case of listing the 12 hours run time, 24 hours recharge or the 5 days for Inquisition grade power armor (who don't want the risk of an exploding fusion pack on their back) to the military packs (instability risk in return for endless power)

I hear you. Surely and Inquisitor with enough Thrones and influence can sweet-talk an Arch-Magos into manufacturing anything the Inquisitor requires, given time and materials.

Gnnh... I must apologise - this is just one of the topics that keeps grinding my gears.

...and years! :lol:

These games aren't attempts at providing a faithful simulation of the 40K setting. Instead they are trying to balance game needs with accuracy. You would prefer accuracy, others don't mind inaccuracies so much.

I'm okay with Unnatural Strength/Toughness. The basic idea was, I believe, to keep the stats in the range of 40 to 60 (S and T between 4 and 6, get it? :) ) while at the same time bumping marines up to novel marine levels.

Alex

The Sisters of Battle and the Space Marines don't have to worry about their power armor running out of power; it explicitly says their backpack fusion reactors will last forever unless they are damaged.

What page is that on? I don't see it any where under Sister of Battle Power Armour. As far as I can see it lasts 1d5 hours.