Thoughts on Update 6

By LuciusT, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Thank you very much for the effort =)

I didn't know of I've missed it in the beta rules or in one of the updates but is there any mention of the actual power levels of psy powers?

I didn't know of I've missed it in the beta rules or in one of the updates but is there any mention of the actual power levels of psy powers?

IIIRC, power level effects things like range and damage.

Individual powers do not have their own power levels. Think of your power level as your effective Psy Rating when you manifest the power. The default power level for your psychic powers is equal to your PR, and you can either reduce it for more controllable effects or Push to boost the power's strength.

Individual powers do not have their own power levels. Think of your power level as your effective Psy Rating when you manifest the power. The default power level for your psychic powers is equal to your PR, and you can either reduce it for more controllable effects or Push to boost the power's strength.

Thanks, I'm going to be having two PC psykers running around, one with biomamcy and the other has telepathy. I'm seceretly hoping they melt their own brains before the mind link/influence sidelines the rest of the group, either that or they meet the red redemption.

Thanks, I'm going to be having two PC psykers running around, one with biomamcy and the other has telepathy. I'm seceretly hoping they melt their own brains before the mind link/influence sidelines the rest of the group, either that or they meet the red redemption.

Or a few Daemon's attracted to their proximity!

Update 6 included some MAJOR changes to psychic powers. Influence was replaced with a power that removes Fatigue, and the ability to cast fettered powers with no chance of Psychic Phenomena was removed.

After playing a number of sessions with a Telepath Psyker in the party, I like the changes to psychic powers a lot. Psykers are now strong but not overpowering, and now that Influence doesn't exist the noble-born character isn't overshadowed in social situations. He hasn't bought any powers that directly deal damage (i.e. Psychic Shriek) for RP reasons, so I don't know how well those stack up to conventional weapons, but judging by their stats they seem strong but not broken.

Yes the inability to use fettered has made the party's first psyker more cautious (telepath). the second psyker (biomancer) thinks he is a dark lord of the Sith throwing round smite at anyone and anything, I don't think he'll live long. What I hadn't realise was influence had been removed, that makes social encounters a little easier.