Card protection and storage/UK

By Lilikin, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I am new to A:NR I am looking for a decent card protection setup with sleeves, some way of holding all of my cards and decent storage for individual decks.

I have been looking at the FFG card sleeves but in the UK they are in limited supply and cost about £4 for 50 which is pretty pricey (I think) thats about $6.50 - $7 I will however pay this for a good fit and good cards if there is none other of reasonable quality

I am after deck holders as well the FFG ones look good what does everyone else think of them?

Also what do people use for large selections of cards?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Lilikin

Personally, I use the UltraPro protectors in red and blue for runner and corporation:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005421L5W/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To store and sort the factions and decks in the box, I use the wooden insert from BGG:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152772/uk-based-card-storage-game-components

That guy ships from the UK, so it's probably cheap for you.

It fits perfectly well into the default EU base game box and can (in my situation) for now hold:

2x base game + all 9 available data packs + C&C expansion set + 4 decks + all tokens.

All sleeved with the protectors linked above.

Pictures:

Picture 1
Picture 2

Edited by LInsoDeTeh

I also use Ultra Pro sleeves - they're a good mix of affordable and durable. I prefer clear sleeves, because I like the card backs :P

As for storage, currently I'm using the Core box. By inverting the carboard insert, you can create a partition which can hold a lot of cards, sleeved or unsleeved, and it's easy to separate Corp from Runner (though you'll need some additional card if you want to make faction partitions.

The insert that LinsoDeTeh linked also looks like a grea solution if you can spare the cash.

A third shout-out for Ultra Pro! I use clear sleeves as well, for the same reason as Feesh.

I have experience with the FFG sleeves. I originally sleeved my core set in them. After using Ultra Pro on a different game, once I started buying Data Packs, I switched over to Ultra Pro (meaning that I unsleeved all my core set from FFG's sleeves and re-sleeved them with Ultra Pro sleeves--they're that much better).

The problem with FFG's sleeves is that that are really big. Like they don't even feel designed for these cards (and I did get the right FFG sleeves for ANR). Ultra Pro fits tight and feels a little thicker. Plus you can buy big boxes of it on ebay for a pretty cheap per-pack price. Stick with a company that's been doing this for a long time. This is generally a good idea when it comes to accessories and storage for games--I find the companies that make the games usually don't do the secondary market stuff as well as other companies.

I store my cards in traditional long cardboard trading card boxes . I never need to bring them all when I play, and even if I did (for a deckbuilding session with friends, say), I have one box each for Corp and Runner, with all cards released so far sleeved, so it's reasonably portable.

I use these things for my decks, since they are compact and I can fit a Corp deck and a Runner deck, separated, in one package. It's almost like these deckboxes were designed for Netrunner.

Edited by Hans Chung-Otterson

Ultra Pro Double Matte are pretty nice.

http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B007NVDK56

are these the clear ones you use? Hans and Feesh?

Hmm, it's hard to tell since packaging in the UK might be different. Those ones say 8 GBP for 1000*, so I'm guessing they are the "penny sleeves"-- what you put on a card before you put it in a binder sleeve. Definitely not built to handle shuffling and playing with them.

The ones I buy do not come in that kind of bag. In fact, here are the exact sleeves I buy . On shelves they are about $3.50 -- $4 US per pack of 50, cheaper on Amazon. For you looks like about 2 GBP per pack of 50.

*the product detail section says they come in packs of 100, so it's a little confusing. I'm guessing it's 1000 sleeves in 10 separate packs.

Thank you was trying to find them on amazon UK cheers

The ones I buy do not come in that kind of bag. In fact, here are the exact sleeves I buy . On shelves they are about $3.50 -- $4 US per pack of 50, cheaper on Amazon. For you looks like about 2 GBP per pack of 50.

That's the chaps! Good stuff.

I had heard from some boards that some sleeves aren't allowed in tournaments because they are transparent and you could be cheating is this true?

how can you cheat like that anyway?

First, I recommend reading the tournament FAQ if you want to know all the rules.

Second, opaque sleeves are only required if you have alternate-art cards. This is because the printing process for these cards is different, so the coloration on the backs is slightly off--meaning if you have clear sleeves you could look at that top card on R&D or your stack and know exactly what it is, which is an unfair advantage.

I picked up three packs that's 600 should cover my corrent collection until I get more cards cheers guys

Hey all, for the UK I've had better luck using http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/ for my sleeve needs. They are a UK licensed distributor for the Mayday sleeves and have a cool board game selector which shows you which/how many sleeves you need for each game (I buy sleeves for all my most played games).

I think they also do a range of acrylic Netrunner tokens. And they seem to be a lot cheaper than Amazon too!

I don't work for them or anything, just a very satisfied customer :P

Hi. Just thought I'd chime in - about to buy a Netrunner starter set myself.

I'm coming from a TCG background and have always been impressed with http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/ - they have an ebay store, too.

As you know, we sell direct to consumers. We do this for a variety of reasons. Primarily, we do this to offer you the lowest possible prices. However, once you factor in international shipping, things can get expensive fast when shipping outside North America. While we all wait for teleport technology to be perfected, the best we can do is offer you alternatives closer to home...
We would like to introduce a great Scandinavian game shop that stocks many of our products - snydepels.dk .
Being located within the EU means avoidance of customs for consumers and lower shipping costs as well. Give them a visit and if they don't have what you need on hand, let Kenneth know what you are interested in. I'm sure he will be happy to ensure he has enough on order to meet your needs.