AoR - Space Battles

By Rimmer1, in General Discussion

As someone who is new to playing EotE, and not enjoying space combat at all, has AoR changed anything?

Nope. The solution appears to be to find a way to apply the chase mechanic to every space battle.

Or cool environmental things, imo.

Nope. The solution appears to be to find a way to apply the chase mechanic to every space battle.

I've switched to a movement unit mechanic.

1 Maneuver gives speed Movement Units distance, and 1 90° change of facing.

1 MU or less: Close/Engaged

2 MU short

3-4 MU medium

5-8 MU long

9-16 MU extreme

Originally, I was using 1/4/9/16/25, and may go back to it, as a better fit for the ranges listed in space combat.

Edited by aramis

I've used a pilot check / gunnery check for my fur balls. Our groups ace seems to like it and the advantages and threats the pilot checks generate allow me do fun things with the local environment.

Bummer, as space combat is such a big part of this game (and SW in general) i am dispapointed at how the rules have been written, even more so that AoR has not done anything about it.

HOUSE RULE TIME!

Anybody thought of using X Wing Miniatures game as a substitute?

Yes, there are several threads on it.

Fortunately my group loves X Wing and with a little work I'm sure we can find some satisfying means to incorporate AoR flight rules into X Wing. Obviously the ideal solution for me is for FFG to rework the rules in AoR, but doubt that will happen. Seems to me the whole premise of combat on the ground and in space is to be abstract.

Edited by JCFigures

Fortunately my group loves X Wing and with a little work I'm sure we can find some satisfying means to incorporate AoR flight rules into X Wing. Obviously the ideal solution for me is for FFG to rework the rules in AoR, but doubt that will happen. Seems to me the whole premise of combat on the ground and in space is to be abstract.

Well, yes, the game is pretty explicit with that.

It's why I like it so much.