NR's future: Block Play? Ban/Limit Cards? What do YOU think?

By player266669, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I happen to love Data Hound. Essentially net damage, except the corp gets to pick the card from the deck. :D

I happen to love Data Hound. Essentially net damage, except the corp gets to pick the card from the deck. :D

Data hound trashes from the stack not from the grip so it's not like net damage at all. And it's so rare that it will actually fire. And the one thing the runners usually do fear when face checking is a sentry so they'll usually at least have a faeri. I don't think it's that good of ice at all actually.

Edited by frybender

Data hound trashes from the stack not from the grip so it's not like net damage at all. And it's so rare that it will actually fire. And the one thing the runners usually do fear when face checking is a sentry so they'll usually at least have a faeri. I don't think it's that good of ice at all actually.

Yes, but facechecking naked is not at all uncommon, and a Data Hound doesn't usually present a solid enough threat to prompt them to *go get* a Killer program. You'd be surprised how often they will run right through it--the indexing's nice, too: I put two dead console draws and a useless plascrete on top and buried that Special Order five cards down.

And you spent how many creds doing that? I just don't see myself having a slot open for such a situational card (and most likely 2 slots because it's a dead draw anytime after the first couple of turns). But we digress from the topic

Two. Three, if you count the rez cost. I'm not saying it's the best card ever or that it should be in every deck, but I'm interested in seeing where that style of NBN goes as we get more cards like Invasion or Snoop as the card pool continues to expand (and thus we're back on topic ;) )

Edited by Grimwalker

I agree that it would be very cool to run a corp economy denial deck. But right now there just aren't enough pieces to make it work. It's hard to both protect yourself and damage the runner. Snoop is definitely a step in the right direction more so then invasion I think because because at least it's big ice that's hard to get around and if you have a couple of counters on it it becomes really scary.

I call it "running on the runner," but it's not there yet. My attempts at it have basically been inefficient versions of Tag-punishment decks so far.

I think the corp lacks many pieces of really meaningful ice. Being an old netrunner player as well, I notice it is far harder to secure many data forts, and keep the runner out. The runner SNOWBALLS very hard, which means many of the tourny decks have the intent that a corp deck will lose, and just try to score more than the opposition's corp deck.

Many of the runner cards (and I understand many will disagree) are overpowered. Self Modifying code comes to mind as being ridiculous. An on demand response to the few relevent pieces of ice that are rezzed. Compare it to special order... not even close.

Scheherazade comes to mind as another ridiculous option. I understand people will state that the threat of losing it is nailbiting, but I don't understand how you are losing this guy when there is very little risk in a "trash a program" routine actually going off once you are sufficiently GOD MODED. Power Shutdown was a nice counter to this, but with the aforementioned self modifying code, likely hosted, and rebounded with clone chips, I find it a difficult target.

Sustained credit gen solutions are simple to acquire for the runner. The two sound options in my opinion are Katie Jones and Magnum Opus... all your credit generation solved in one card - the corp must look for multiple solutions because credit generating assets are all trashable (hence not sustainable) or one shot operations, as well not sustainable. Even though runner cards can at times be trashed, the runner almost always has to engage to threated these installed cards.

Our games typically turn into a snowballed runner massing a credit pool to break whatever, and just waiting for the corp to install something. If your solution is traps, then a simple reveal diffuses threats here.

Turbo score corp decks aren't working that wonderfully either. The corp needs to draw about 18 cards to introduce 7 agenda points into the game (49 card deck, 20 agenda points in the deck, .408 agenda points per card, 17.15 cards to introduce 7 points). Sure you might score a few before the runner has reached GOD MODE, but 7 points... i doubt it.

Edit: Sorry, probably a bit off topic, shot this in a new thread.

Edited by AussieKSU

And datahound, imo is garbage. Aforementioned irrelevent piece of ice.

Edited by AussieKSU

Guess we got our answer to this one...

Yeah, I need to reread the thread now. IIRC, Ven, you were heavily in favor of rotation, what do you think of their solution?

In my opinion this is the blessing and the curse of LCGs. For bertter or for worse they will never be MtG....

Thus why I have bought into it.