SouthEast Championships singles results/report [save room and post in here if you showed up]

By NJBrock22, in UFS Tourney Reports

Got there about 7:30am and had to walk around aimlessly to find where we were supposed to go, about 8:30 i finally found the room, then after playing magic with 5 random people that were there, my teammates showed up and pointed out something to me: "you got a badge, nathan?" "uh-oh" "yeah you'd better run and get you one they'll kick you out of here" so i run down and get in line, the line was about half a mile long and i end up standing about 2 people behind team "Orange-Card, Blue-Card" that being Ivey, Greg, Scott and Ben Shoemaker, and they ask me where they are supposed to go, after about half an hour of standing there they make random comments to the people cosplaying there and see a Vegeta and a Goku(maybe Future Gohan he looked waaaay wrong to be Goku) and it was either Ben or Greg said "IT's OVER 900 *dramatic pause* eh... THOUSAND!!!" the guys look over to us and shake their heads as they walk off, after we finaly get our badges we end up walking through the sea of humanity all the way back to the gaming room after i lost the guys twice and had to direct them where to go. It's about 10am and we're still wondering where everyone is because we at the time only had about 15 people in there, the rest of team ATL shows up around 10:30am and we start to test our builds and try to trade for what we all need, about 11:30 Paul Taylor finaly shows up with a nice surprise for everyone Joe's little Sister dressed up as a PERFECT Mai Shiranui(this girl could probably play Mai in a KOF movie if they ever make one), and we finaly write down our decks, we ended up gaining 2 extra players from them sitting and watching some of us play and liking the game, so we handed them 2 starters (rock h and Haohmaru, had to take out the scions, but i had cards to give them so they had legal decks). The attendance was 29 players, arg just short... Joe decided to step in so we didnt have a bye and play as the 30th with a random deck so people wouldnt be bored... i decided against common sense to play the Yuri deck that me, Steve "Xenomic" Marr and Paul "retched" Williams concocted about a month ago over msn, the only difference from the orginal design is i couldnt trade for Yuri's Uppercut in time so i put Tiger Fury in for the kill condition off symbol.

First Round(Greg Brown, Team LionStance)[Fio, Air Chaos, BOTH Spike's loop]

Yeah thats right he's Air/Chaos and running BOTH Spikes, first game i set up and run into big trouble early as he throws on his 3rd turn, Spike, Multi 2(thank you lord of the makai), Second Spike clear the other 2, i'm dead. Second Game i actualy get set up and actualy force the issue with him after going to infinate vitality, he decides to go for a spike loop and i reversal his spike with Demon Cradle, use its e so his M. Spikes are doing only 1 damage and he decides that it isnt worth it to go through half of his deck and possibly failing his checks so he goes to his plan B needing to check anything but his other F. Spke to kill me and he rolls a makai... yay... so i stare at 18 damage which is EXACT to kill me with only 1 low block in my hand... I look at the top card of mine and his decks, the top card of his deck was a F. Spike the top of mine was my Tiger Fury... which would have killed him next turn... rotten luck... Worst part being that i had a way to counter this in my sideboard and i NEVER sided it in, 2 hrs of sleep will do this stuff to ya...

L 2-0

Second Round(Roman Higgens, I think this kid was part of Team Louisiana) [s-M, Order M. Spike Loop]

Well second round i get paired against the deck I WAS gonna run, except instead of spike i was running Circuit Scrapper and no Defenders. His first turn he draws into 2 Seals of Cessation, 1 LotM, and 2 Bigger they are, he passes all but the second Bigger they are, i drop a couple key foundations and my inner circle, he drops 2 aquakenisis and a second bigger they are and defender tells me to go, i drop 3 more foundations and pray, he goes off his turn 3 as he plays a Spike and loops it, i have no demon cradle in hand to help me against the loop so i die quickly. Second game i actualy start hitting him turn one with a Butt Slam he takes the damage then starts playing all his pieces he needs, then starts going all Lock Down between Program, China Box and Experinced Combatant, the second game ends up going 4-5 turns my last turn i throw a Tiger Fury his way for what should have been fatal damage had i not overplayed it and commited 1 too many foundations since i had my inner circle in play and only 3 foundations ready.. i commited 3 Heiderns when i only needed 2, so he lived and next turn he loops me for death.

L 2-0

Third Round(Simon Taylor, Part of Team Game Plan and Paul T's Son) [Dual Elena, Spinning Beat Kill]

still have no clue how i lost to this deck i ended up game one having near superior board position but didnt have enough in hand to help me against a string of lynx tails followed by a Beat for exact damage... Second game went about the same way as he had all seals out he needed, poped his death seal and then used the Death E on Spinning Beat to kill my only foundation that could help me in that situation (i didnt catch this and didnt feel like bringing it up so thats my fault), and as in first round i could have killed him with ANY attack if i had lived through the beat, as he was commited out and had no death seal left).

L 2-0

Final Round(Alex Rodgers, Fellow Cookeville Corp II member) [Tri-Symbol Setsuka, Reversal Kill]

after about 40 minutes of playing foundations we had about 50 total foundations in play between us and i ended up doing the honorable thing and tried to get him into the top 16[for prizes] by just giving him a 2-1 win and milling myself out intentionally, we've played a matchup similar to this at home with my Water Yuri vs his Water Lizardman for our water patch tourny... i ended up milling him out by forcing the issue and only won 1-0 out there it took almost 1hr 15m out there so it would have been a draw here...

L 2-1

overall 1-8, meh... final results were as follows

01) Ben Shoemaker(Donovan, Order)
02) Greg Brown(Fio, Air/Chaos)
03) Alex MARCO(Chun-Li, Air/Water)
04) Ben Lambright(Hanzo Kick)
05) Nick Abrishamicar(Chun-Li, Water i think, diversified)
06) Kenan Meadows(FROGase, Order)
07) Scott Gaines(FROGasem Order/Chaos, diversified by 2 points on SOS)
08) Ivey Willis(Alex, Promo off All)
09) Monte Gardan(Leona, Earth/Life)
10) Ian Alexander(Zangief, All/Earth, ran all hugo's support and ran sardines for the kill)
11) PHilip Watson(Adon, didnt see what he was running off)
12) Marcus Jordan(Donovan, Order)
13) Roman Higgins(S-M, Order)
14) Chris Escarcega(Raphael, Life i think)
15) Simon Taylor(Elena, Dual Symbol)
16) Ryan Buckler(Juni, Order)[honorary Member of Cookeville Corp II]
17) Brian "Jelly Von Doom" Simmons(Hanzo, Air)
18) Alex Rogers(Setsuka, Tri-Symbol Reversals)
19) Derek Broussaird(Blanka, Promo off Chaos)
20) Ashley Simon(Rock H, Promo All/Order)
21) Charlie Potter(Alex, i think this was tri-symbol RARE alex, i'll have to get confrimation on this one)
22) Eric Taylor(Donovan, Order)[dropped in round 2 due to family problems, i'm sure he'll vent about this later in this thread]
23) Jim Uggirgton(Rock H Starter,one of the kids we trained before the tourny, dropped after round 2)
24) Anthony King(Sakura, i think this was an all deck)
25) Jared Lockhart(Haohmaru, the other kid we trained, also dropped after round 2)
26) Nathan Spade(me... Yuri, Life deck disguised as an Earth deck)
27) Wes Victory(Donovan, water i think)
28) Joe Tonello(legacy deck to play against as a bye)

so before we all go to eat we cut to top 8 and announce the pairings, it then comes to the attention of our director after passing out the top 16 prizes that someone has sneaked off with the other non top 4 prize support, about 10 playmats that were to be handed out to the rest of the players as a consolation prize, this sucks... and i would like whoever is responsible to appologize to all of us that were there...

Top 8
Ben S vs Ian, Ian 2-1 [match lasted 2 hrs 11 minutes... god zangief is slow when his kill condtions wont show up]
Greg vs Monte, Monte 2-0
Marco vs Ivey, Marco 2-0
Ben L vs Kenan, Kenan 2-0

Top 4
Monte vs Marco, Marco 2-0 [good match to watch could have gone either way]
Kenan vs Ian, Kenan 2-0

Finals
Kenan vs Marco, Marco 2-0

Congrats Marco on winning the inagural SEC.

Sunday i did not show up but Gaines told me that Marco, Kenan and Ian won the teams event and were supposed to get the SEC Banner as their main trophy to prove they won a regional... but unfortunately the night before after everyone left someone stole our banner... god... Well i'd like everyone that was there to please post in this topic. thank you

N.J.

i dont know how i got 4th overall in swiss, the system needs major overhaul.

failed hanzo kick first round of top 8 due to bad playing and it ended up the same as last time i played hanzo.

the people who stole the playmats/banner/case of monster sucks at this thing we call life, maybe we're too trusting. it seemed kinda strange when we walk in on sunday and a guy is sleeping on the chairs and the back door is open.