Haven't been on in a while questions about second edition.

By Guards, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hey guys! The site decided that i needed to have a new avatar since i was last here but thats a different story.

I hear that Dark Heresy second edition is coming out or is out does anyone have any information on it?

Here are my questions.

1) Are the supplement books for the original dark heresy compatible with second edition?

2) Has the lethality of the system been adjusted? If so do characters die more or less often?

3) Can first edition characters be converted into second edition characters with relative ease?

4) How dependent is gaining power for combat on equipment? Are talents/abilities more or less important now?

5) Are all of the other 40k RPGs getting a second edition? If so when? Should i go ahead and pick them up?

As always thank you for time.
Ave Imperator

This would be better posted on the actual Beta Forums.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/forum/329-dark-heresy-second-edition-beta/

But from what I know, mind you I'm not 100% and the beta isn't even over:

1) With the recent change to a system more compatible with past games yes I think.

2) No idea, I think the wound and combat system is relatively similar to how it always is.

3) Probably, as easily as DH is to convert to any other system from what I can tell.

4) No idea, it's closer to only war now I think.

5) I don't believe so, Dark Heresy is just so different even from Rogue Trader now that they felt it necessary to give it an update.

These are all subject to being false, blatant lies, slander, and just generally being wrong. Again check out the actual message forum for the beta and you may find more exact answers.

Have you played OW? It's a lot like OW.

Character creation is much more open than DH1 and porting characters shouldn't be too much of an issue (keeping in mind all we have for DH2 is the core options).

FFG have said they have no plans for making a second edition of the other games, but they don't want to Osborn themselves. I fully expect them to revamp at least RT in the next couple of years. DH2 will probably release in 6-12 months.