Anybody Play This Epic Game?

By WayToTheDawn, in Anima: The Card Game

I picked this game up not to long ago and I gotta say it is a ton of fun. Like an RPG in card game form. I've yet to get a big game going, but I've messed around with it with two or so of my other friends and they liked it as well. There are a few ruling questions that came up, but I'm sure those can be hammered out later. So far though I'm loving it so Kudos to FFG for picking this game up! ^_^

Yeah I introduced it to my friend group not long ago and it was an instant hit. The FLGS around here has an extremely worn out demo box as well, and I know they sell the boxes shortly after getting them in. I'm looking forward to the expansion.

I have the card game, and though I havent had much chance to play it due to work and uni eating time, I love it. A self-contained card game built ready for multiple players!

What does everyone else prefer:

Rp

Cards

Minis?

The card game is indeed great, a fun way to kill some time. It plays best with about 4 players I think since then you can be pretty cutthroat with each other and it moves at a good pace.

I think I prefer the RPG then the mini game then that card game but thats more of a function of my groups priorities over all

doesn't the 4 player game drag out a bit?

I wouldn't worry about the 4 player dragging out, we made a 3 player go for over 3 hours, so its just that sorta game where you have to bunker down for the long haul and enjoy the ride

I bought it yesterday, and it looks lovely! Right now I'm about to read evertyhing on the cards, so I get a grip of it. I can't wait to try it out. Gonna force my rpg-playing dudes to try it!

The art looks great. I will pick it up soon. though, im a battle game fan, im willing to expand, this looks really interesting.

It really is a great game, if you wnat something that will create a thousand in-jokes with your mates for a long time to come. Whenever I talk to my mate we can't help but talk about it, and drop jokes from when we last played. It really is taht sort fo game.

harleysa said:

The card game is indeed great, a fun way to kill some time. It plays best with about 4 players I think since then you can be pretty cutthroat with each other and it moves at a good pace.

I think I prefer the RPG then the mini game then that card game but thats more of a function of my groups priorities over all

Personally, this is a game I really want to love, but it just sort of falls flat for me. It can be very tough for someone that's behind to catch up (you can get in a cycle of not being powerful enough to get better stuff, so therefore you can't be powerful enough to get better stuff). And if you're that person... you're sitting through a pretty long game without a chance.

I recently picked it up and I've been quite impressed. The art is great and the game is pretty easy to pick up. The first few turns were a bit slow as we figured out the rules but things played pretty smoothly after that. IMHO the game really needs a few expansions to mix things up a bit. More locations would be nice but what the game could really do with is more encounters and events. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the game.

Kahadras

Personally, I like the game very much, though some of people I played with complained that it is a bit slow moving, though I think it was due the fact that they were learning as we go. I'm hoping that expansion will come out soon.