Received a "free" copy - worth it to keep?

By ColtsFan76, in Beowulf: The Movie Board Game

I just won this title in a GeekGold auction and so it cost me no money to get a brand new, in shrink copy of a game.

Is it worth it to keep the game or pass it along as trade fodder or a last minute gift? I always like Knizia games and it seems the original Kingdoms was a gem. The theme doesn't bother me one way or another.

Reviews on Kingdom show it to be a great 2-player game. Does this still hold true for Beowulf?

Hi,

I have both games, I prefere Beowulf: The Movie Boardgame over Kingdoms, because of the 3 different boards and the bigger variety of tiles.

I have not tried any of these game as 2 players, but they worked as3/4 players.

Cheers,
Shakar

thanx for the share.

I just picked it up for $3 at BGG Con so clearly I believe a free copy is even more "worth it". happy.gif The thing about Kingdoms was that I had "solved" it. It was still an okay game though. Now, there are different shaped boards and a bit more chaos in the pieces. That's going to drive some off, but for me, a bit of chaos is appreciated in this game. And it's by far the most visually appealing of the editions of this game.

I have never played the Original Kingdoms, But I sat down with my wife and two freinds and we really enjoyed it. I can't wait to get it back to the table again.