Experience Chart

By alemander, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Hi all,

I am new to the Beta but one thing I thought was missing was an experience point chart? Maybe I missed it somewhere? But if not shouldn't there be a way to attempt to convert DH1 characters to DH2 with a chart of relative XP? Or even just an XP chart to determine, even narratively, just how powerful acolytes have become over a campaign?

I understand that you can basically buy any skill and talent and Aptitudes factor into this but no XP chart seems strange.

~ alemander

There is something similar on page 275... table 12-1, Threat Threshold

However, the trouble with "experience point charts" in a system like this is it creates a false sense of equivalency. In reality, a Sage who spent 2000 exp on Forbidden Lores and Intelligence advances and a Warrior who spent the same 2000 exp on Weapon Skill, Ballistics Skill and combat related Talents can handle very different types of challenges despite them having the same exp value. It is flatly wrong to say that the Sage can handle the same sort of combat challenges the Warrior can, but equally wrong to suppose that the Warrior can handle the investigation challenges the Sage can.

Thanks LuciusT. That was what I was looking for in way of explanation. Also the Threat Threshold chart is also I was I thinking in terms of relative overall experience of group/party.

~ alemander