I dont have the game but I want it, could you all tell me everything I need to know about it?

By Black Knight Leader, in Mansions of Madness

Besides telling me about how the game works I have a special request. You see I have a friend that comes and visits me maybe one time a year. We are going to play this game but I wanted to make it special because you know I have a quest AND it would to play this game only time and to die and not have a chance to play it agian for another year.

So this is what I am going to do I am allowing him to play as Ash from Evil Dead chainesaw and all, while I will be using Indiana Jones. How do normal characters play in this game and how do you think these two characters should play? Just off the top of my head if their are any rules that cause instant death from looking at an entity that rule is null for Ash and Dr. Jones. I hope you agree because the stuff they have gone through was pretty extreme super natural wise esp if you count the tv and game series for Indiana Jones.

On a side not I hunted down a Ash and Indiana Jones mini they are ether the same scale and or ultra close. Aparently back in the 90s they made a Army of Darkness War game and in 84 they made a box set of led minis for a Indiana Jones rpg, it looks impressive as well.

The first thing you should know is that this game requires an antagonist player. If you're both going to play heros then you'll need a third bad guy.

Yep there must be a player that take the role of the Keeper. The Keeper is the dude that tried to stop the Investigators/Heroes. He/she have many tools to do so like:

- Mythos Cards: which can be played when the Investigators are in a specific room or are triggered by various effects or moments

- Trauma Cards: Are played when an Investigator suffers wounds or sanity. Some are really powerful and can only be played when a Hero is on the brink of death or insanity.

Then theres the Keeper "power cards" which are special actions he can take during his turn and that cost threat tokens. These powers can summon monsters, start a fire in a room or mislead the Investigators.

No official ways to coop play MoM...but maybe there's some cool ideas over BGG, you could check there in the variant forums.

Thank you for your advice.