NOVA Regionals Results

By Umigame, in UFS Tourney Reports

First off let me thank everyone who made it out, we had 32 people playing.

Top Eight looked like so

1. Shane Duckworth Seong Mi-na

2. Omar Chavez Victor

3. Bryan McDermott Hanzo

4. Chubbs Andrew Olexa

5. William Howard Galford

6. Paul Ghignon Hugo

7. John Macek Chun-li

8. Adam Sontag Leona

Top 8

Shane (Seong Mi-na) vs Adam (Leona) Winner: Shane

William (Galford) vs Chubbs (Andrew Olexa) Winner: Chubbs

Bryan (Hanzo) vs Paul (hugo) Winner: Bryan

John (Chun-li) vs Omar (Victor) Winner: John

Top 4

Shane (Seong Mi-na) vs Chubbs (Andrew Olexa) Winner: Chubbs

Bryan (Hanzo) vs John (Chun-li) Winner: Byran

Final

Chubbs (Andrew Olexa) vs Bryan (Hanzo)

Winner: Chubbs playing Andrew Olexa

Congrats to Chubbs, (who grabbed my rear far more times than I would ever care to be grabbed in my Life preocupado.gif )

Well I'm beat so I'm calling it a night

Umigame

so I was nodding my head going "yep... huh uh... totally see those decks..." then saw Galford and my brain exploded

hats off to you Galford player for getting into top 8 with an original deck.

quarzark said:

so I was nodding my head going "yep... huh uh... totally see those decks..." then saw Galford and my brain exploded

hats off to you Galford player for getting into top 8 with an original deck.

It's ballin. Supa seekwet tek! I always figured Cloud Strife would do well in this game. Leona was a rouge deck too. She's the hotness.

The Galfrod deck used Stained honor combined with Galfrods ability to give the checks to play attacks +5. So when he's able to throw multiple fully multipuled Feline Spikes at you in a turn its hard to keep up with that. If anything the Leona was more of the unexpected deck. And it was built off earth if memory serves me right.

Yeah leona was built off of basic earth, a very fun deck built about 3 weeks before regionals.

PhillyCheese said:

Yeah leona was built off of basic earth, a very fun deck built about 3 weeks before regionals.

2 weeks to be exact. Sontag wanted to play Earth, and I couldn't make it work. I scrambled up the best base for an Earth deck, but the only reason Earth didn't work is because of the crappy characters. Leona's 8HS makes Earth work, and with all the support Earth got with set 12, Leona is gonna be HUGE!!!!