How Many Players?

By MatthewKimber, in Aye, Dark Overlord!

Like the subject says could someone please tell me what are the minimum and maximum number of players for this game. Also someone

always has to be the Overlord right?

4 - 12 players, overlord included. And yes, you need an Overlord in every game, even though he doesn't need to be the same person in every game.

MattKimber said:

Like the subject says could someone please tell me what are the minimum and maximum number of players for this game. Also someone

always has to be the Overlord right?

Also, if you play with the variant rules, the Overlord player changes every game round . . . . I definately enjoy that option.

Ah that should get the blood pumping as bias and motive get in the mix along with other people who may be more or less clever on telling stories keep swithcing back in and out.

12 players is way too much... i prefer playing in a smaller round, otherwise downtime is too loing. 4-7 players is good

Most fun is starting with five players and ends somewhere around eight (+/- one). Otherwise most players loose the story or you get little "groups".

I would say a maximum of 7 players, with 1 overlord, simply because you only get 6 of the 1st two Withering Look cards and obviously only 1 of the 3rd that ends the game. Minimum of 4, any less than 4 goblins and you'll find a squabble between two people is not much fun.