Insanity Mechanics?

By SublimeShadow, in Game Mechanics

I posted this in general just to see where it would get more traction. I, personally, am not fond of the Insanity system. I have a multitude of reasons I can relay if people desire but first I'd like to hear what people think of it.

Don't know, it is pretty much clear cut and in line with other 40k roleplay games. Less detailed than Corruption (on the subject of Disorders), but then madness defies description by its nature :)

I've not been a fan of "Loony and Locked Up at 100" for quite a while.

Random effects for Fear make little sense in many events.

Random Mental Traumas need GM work to fit the trigger event.

Mental Traumas usually mean a temporary RP imposition rather than having a permanent effect on the PC.

I understand there are literally thousands of mental Disorders (I used to date a clinical therapist) and that it's impossible to provide a comprehensive list of even a fraction of them in a rule book starved for page space. Even if a Table of 100 were included, would people eventually tire of it as they now bemoan the OW Critical Tables?

But I preferred the Beta's Mental Traumas, Disorders, and Malignancies and their stacking (at least in concept) far more than DH1e's Insanity mechanic. I home-brewed from there (see my comment to your thread in General).