Are existing Aptitudes fit for purpose?

By Adeptus Ineptus, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

The aptitudes when picked for Only War needed to allow 5 different Guardsman classes (the warrior role) but no sage. Now we have a more balanced cast should have a rethink on what aptitudes are needed?

I don't know if we do but I think it's worth thinking about it early on.

Edited by Adeptus Ineptus

Regardless of if the actual lineup of aptitudes is changed, they should definitely be rebalanced. Currently some Aptitudes are FAR more useful than others.

Regardless of if the actual lineup of aptitudes is changed, they should definitely be rebalanced. Currently some Aptitudes are FAR more useful than others.

*coughfieldcraftcough*

Since role is now a thing should we look into droping the characteristic aptitudes? I can see it taking a lot of work but it might be best to start from scratch anyway.

*coughfieldcraftcough*

Oh yeah... And Finesse too. I think we need more Aptitudes: separate secondary Aptitudes for Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill (Prowess and Precision?) and a normal secondary Aptitude for Willpower (Courage?). Also, Fieldcraft should be a tertiary Aptitude (like Tech and Leadership) and Perception should have a new secondary Aptitude (Insight?).

I like the 2 Aptitudes per characteristic idea. I wish I had my OW book to hand but my GM needed it to run the game.

It might be worth looking at the talent groupings in the original beta as inspiration for potential new aptitudes.

Maybe even a Faith Aptitude for Sororitas.

Faith is something that's going to take work. I was thinking of starting a thread on it.

Let's get that thread started then ;)

I'm a slow typer. The honor is yours.