ROTATION!

By divinityofnumber, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

2 formats will not work, the community is not large enough to support them.

Secondly, new players often feel the need to buy up all the old cards in the card pool. But they're not competitive due to lack of cards, its due to a lack of experience in the game.

If FFG really wanted to help new players they would update the Core Set, and the House Expansions to include some of the more universally useful cards in the older chapter packs.

They can also limit the pool by just reusing the names of older events in the new cycle, thereby making the player choose which version of said event to use: The best use would be events named for the house words.

If they do a total reboot, it would be cool to see some of the now existing cards gradually entered into the new cardpool. No one wants to feel as though everything that they already own will become useless.

Edited by divinityofnumber

If they do reboot and change in rules to some extend, I don't see most of our card pools being usable at all. ex. Meera may never see light of day with all her headache interactions.

People are giving away a whole collection for fairly cheap amounts of money say $400. It's not a huge investment compared to Magic. Truth is that Android is doing super well and a lot of people that I know have moved into that game from agot. The main reason are the much easier rules, and it's not even about the card pool. I have been playing this game for a while and honestly a "framework" tells a lot about what you need to know about this game in terms of rules. It is a mess, but hopefully newer games will not have the same issues.

I'm totally against a rotation, having some cards you just can't play is a mess.

The two format, a kind of legacy and a type 2 could be a solution in my opinion, but i don't think it will be viable due to the lack of support of the "legacy" by FFG and/or the player.

To me the best would be to have some familybox (like targ highlights, shadow highlights…. etc)

The new player would not need to buy all the pack ad for the old ones they can continue to play with their cards.

But i'm sure the FFG's staff had already take a decision.

it will be important because all the lcg will follow this line.

They must not be cheating.

My two cent.

FFG - consider two tournament formats for this game.

1) The core set, deluxe expansions, and the last two cycles worth of chapter packs.

2) All cards (given the banned and restricted lists)

It would make it easier for new players to enter the game!

Agree completely. I am not playing AGoT for just this reason, but I would consider it if rotation came into the picture.

It's time for this to happen. And it will.

And it did. But, not in the way that I had imagined. I understand the decision, but still lament about my collection.

At least they intend to continue supporting the first edition. Hopefully that continues for some time.