Just to let you guys know...

By Virgo, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Polish community at the moment is electing a team that will update FAQ and prepare new cards.

Still alive and kicking.

I'm wondering if FFG will continue to update the FAQ and errata. I'm inclined to think that they will. Especially if any problems like infinite loops arise. Remember, for the time being we still have a brand new big box to play with and break.. It might be good to hold off on this for a couple months or maybe inquire with the devs directly as to if the community has to take the reigns of this or not.

On the creative side of things, I think community created cards would be awesome if they let us do it. Another thing we could do is come up with certain scenarios (remember that weird Legend competition FFG created?), or restrictions that could keep things feelings new. For instance, off the top of my head (ie they may be stupid..), a heros and tactics only scenario where you start with one legend of your choosing at the start and can only play into your, and attack your opponents, battlefield. First player to kill the opposing legend wins... Or perhaps a location based scenario where units can, and must, travel to a set of locations between capitals before they can attack an opponents capital. Neutral enemies at locations could have to be defeated, and beneficial supports taken control of for each location claimed... Things of this sort.. Anyway I'm sure we'll think of something reasonable!

I plan on using the official draft rules that came with the base game. Now that the line is complete, and I can see how FFG plans to run draft with the Netrunner and Game of Thrones LCG, I plan on making rotations for my group to draft from using the draft cards. Each of the players has 3 sets of those draft cards, allowing a draft tourney of up to 6 people per person (one set alone is used between two players).

I personally love the counter-draft mechanic in combination with the special draft cards.

It will take time for me to organize the rules for this, because of the addition of the 4 other races, but I am sure it can work.

Cataclysm rules will almost always be used, depends on the number of total fulcrum cards available.

Edited by Zcurator

Polish community at the moment is electing a team that will update FAQ and prepare new cards.

Still alive and kicking.

I guess, the polish community will also respect internation players, like Gardine, Gr4ffi and all the other national wh:i heroes. :)

As soon as we finish things on our side I'm sure invitations will be sent.

You can count us in. Feel free to contact us in any way at any time. We had some decent ideas on our own :)

And now we will hopefully get a FAQ you can print out.

Still alive and kicking.

I hope that there'll be a community to continue the game similar to star wars, original netrunner, lord of the rings tcg

I'm wondering if FFG will continue to update the FAQ and errata. I'm inclined to think that they will. Especially if any problems like infinite loops arise. Remember, for the time being we still have a brand new big box to play with and break.. It might be good to hold off on this for a couple months or maybe inquire with the devs directly as to if the community has to take the reigns of this or not.

On the creative side of things, I think community created cards would be awesome if they let us do it. Another thing we could do is come up with certain scenarios (remember that weird Legend competition FFG created?), or restrictions that could keep things feelings new. For instance, off the top of my head (ie they may be stupid..), a heros and tactics only scenario where you start with one legend of your choosing at the start and can only play into your, and attack your opponents, battlefield. First player to kill the opposing legend wins... Or perhaps a location based scenario where units can, and must, travel to a set of locations between capitals before they can attack an opponents capital. Neutral enemies at locations could have to be defeated, and beneficial supports taken control of for each location claimed... Things of this sort.. Anyway I'm sure we'll think of something reasonable!

i see a great opportunity here for ffg to start a new type of card game .. a true living card game created by the community .. all cards in new sets are created, balanced and voted in by the community .. all that ffg will do is publish what is created .. maybe they should start it as a "promo" pack at a nominal price to see how it'll sell .. or collect enough cards and come out w/ the occasional big box set

i see a great opportunity here for ffg to start a new type of card game .. a true living card game created by the community .. all cards in new sets are created, balanced and voted in by the community .. all that ffg will do is publish what is created .. maybe they should start it as a "promo" pack at a nominal price to see how it'll sell .. or collect enough cards and come out w/ the occasional big box set

There's precedent for this. The Spoils CCG accepts card ideas on their message board, "Open R&D". If the card gets printed, then they give you credit on the card ("Open R&D Concept by (your forum name)"). You just have to agree that any idea you give them might be turned into a card, and you won't get any compensation for it.

It's a really cool idea, but I think most companies are too afraid of the possible legal issues to attempt something like this.

Polish community has chosen 7 members for the "FAQ team" who will begin working on update to the FAQ and restriction list and in future, new cards.

The cards that bypass loyalty should not have loyalty themselves.

We also noticed that on Polish forum, because right now they give free loyalty.

But they don't mix well with racial villages.

And so far we had one big regional tournament (46 people) with HK and there weren't any imba or combo decks using new tribute cards.

If you want spoiler about things being discussed I can tell that combo Lord of Change + Sacred Cauldron + Barbed Snares will be no more with addition of Limited to Snares (still don't understand how FFG failed to adress this while dealing with Pigeon Bombs, Fists of Mork and Convocation of Eagles).

The cards that bypass loyalty should not have loyalty themselves.

Hm, I thought that was their main use. I see the action to completely disregard loyalty cost as an added bonus - by itself, this would be to situational to make them worthwhile, I feel. You can't use them for their own race, which should keep them from being too strong.

Regarding the discussion about Barbed Snares: Limiting this is indeed long overdue, and while you're at it, I'd also recommend slapping a Limited on Soporific Musk and Burlock's Ingenuity before someone finds a way to abuse them. By the way, did you already ask FFG whether they were planning to do a final update for the FAQ themselves?

Like Virgo said, no one has used them for a broken combo yet, but the potential is there. This game wasn't designed for dual faction decks.

Regarding the discussion about Barbed Snares: Limiting this is indeed long overdue, and while you're at it, I'd also recommend slapping a Limited on Soporific Musk and Burlock's Ingenuity before someone finds a way to abuse them. By the way, did you already ask FFG whether they were planning to do a final update for the FAQ themselves?

1 We thought about Limited for all of these tactics, but the case is: why fix something that isn't broken? Someone on some thread said that this game already has a lot of erratas and a lot of cards received Limited keyword (some shouldn't have: Order in Chaos maybe, but instead of Doubling of the Guard in my opinion Star Crown Fragments should get it). I'm part of that lucky 7 team and I would like to modify existing FAQ as little as possible, I think we shouldn't create totally different game, meta is almost perfectly balanced.

2 Nope, but as we see it FFG can't or don't want to do anything Invasion related anymore. From intel I gathered decision to stop the game was sudden (they even pulled the plug out of Store Championship kit, which was already designed).

Edited by Virgo

Dont know as much as you guys about the game, meta and other stuff.

But I agree to the comment "Why fix something that isnt broken"

Also like the comment about to stay true to the original FAQ as much as possible and dont change to much and create a totalt different game.

It would be nice to se if the game has changed now with the latest expansion and even take away some cards from restricted lists if possible without messing up the meta.

Have you any representatives from the UK?

Would you consider adding anyone like this as I myself would like to be part of something special as this.

:)

We don't have as far as I know :P

We have voulnteers from Germany (Gardine, he won one big tournament recently and gr4ffi, you know the german champion) but we still haven't decided how we will work together. I'm sure some consultations about restrictions will be done and when the time comes cards will be sent for testing.

Also I think it would be totally sweet if Gardine designed his card and get it released through our project.

Edited by Virgo

Heads up, FAQ will be published by the end of the week, probably friday evening (in Poland at least :P ).