Card Sleeves

By Johpin, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Has anyone used Ultra Pro 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 soft sleeves? The width is a little big (Descent cards are 2 1/4), so I'm wondering if it's still good for shuffling. Also, the best thing I've seen for Hero cards are the 4x6 photo mylar sleeves (Hero cards are 4x5). Has anyone tried those and can I find them at a Office Depot/Max?

I have been using the YuGiOh sized sleeves. I got the Max Protection Mini Neo Sleeves. They are the right height but about 3/8 of an inch too wide.

I used the OOP clear Yu-Gi-Oh sized Ultrap-Pro Platinum sleeves for my Runebound set (same sized cards), and they worked perfectly.

If I happen upon any more for sale anywhere, I'm buying them for my Descent set - I have some spares set aside for future Runebound expansions, but not enough to do all of Descent.

Thanks for the replies! I'll check those out. What about the hero sheets? What do people use for those?

Hero Sheets: I scanned mine, photo-shopped the Errata in where appropreate and re-printed the lot. I even photoshopped a card back for them. This means I've replaced them all. If ant are ever damaged, I simply print new ones. The originals sit aside in a box seperate from my set.

Slev said:

Hero Sheets: I scanned mine, photo-shopped the Errata in where appropreate and re-printed the lot. I even photoshopped a card back for them. This means I've replaced them all. If ant are ever damaged, I simply print new ones. The originals sit aside in a box seperate from my set.

I just have to say.

That sounds like a bunch of work.

Indeed it was. Especially as I converted all the ability texts into British English on every card.

To me thogh, this is a minor kit-bash. Hell, I re-built HeroQuest from the ground up. I've yet to finish cutting out all two thousand game cards...

Also, from the Runebound boards, I descoverewd a new brand of sleeves which is apparently appropreate for cards. Sinply google "Euro Game Card Sleeves".

I have some of the Mayday Euro Game sleeves. They work great for Dominion and Agricola, but they are too big for Descent. If you are on Boardgamegeek vote in this thread ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/392566 ) for the next thing the company will make. One of the choices is card sleeves for FFG game sized cards.

edroz said:

I have some of the Mayday Euro Game sleeves. They work great for Dominion and Agricola, but they are too big for Descent. If you are on Boardgamegeek vote in this thread ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/392566 ) for the next thing the company will make. One of the choices is card sleeves for FFG game sized cards.

Really? I just checked out their website and the euro game sleeves are 59 mm x 92 mm. I just measured a descent card and it's 56 mm x 89 mm, but I went ahead and voted in that thread.

well, I happen to have not only Descent, but Dominion as well. I took some photos:

P1010147.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010149.jpg

As you can see, it's 1-2mm difference. Unless your game of Descent will take constant and HEAVY shiffling, I don't see it making any difference. FWIW, my Dominion set is sleeved in full-sized CCG sleeves, and I have no problems there (except for closing the damned box).