Your Whining Forced This to be "Only War"

By homunculus2, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Same here. The current beta seems perfectly playable, but unfortunately it really is Only War with serial numbers filed off and a few extremely minor changes thrown in for good measure, and it really doesn't jive well with me. They've saved me some time I could have spent putting my house rules together with this release, but it's really much less than I'd have wanted. This really takes the wind out of my sails. Just yesterday, we discussed switching our current DH campaign to beta rules with my current GM, but ultimately decided we're practically playing the same thing already through our collection of house rules "borrowed" from different 40k lines and thus switching now would add nothing but confusion. Thus, I'm growing disinclined of actively participating in the beta process.

Can we please get to something productive. The Admins need to lock these types of threads because they are completely worthless for improving the beta.

Edited by Elior

Unless, of course, you think re-introducing the AP system, narrative wounds, non-binary dodge mechanics, etc. will improve the beta.

Edited by Prince Raven

Can we please get to something productive. The Admins need to lock these types of threads because they are completely worthless for improving the beta.

Unless, of course, you think re-introducing the AP system, narrative wounds, non-binary dodge mechanics, etc. will improve the beta.

Make threads for each of those. This thread is pretty awful.

Indeed I do think so ;D

I am also saying that Ragnar could be commenting on SublimeShadow's comments he is trying to help out where Homonculus is spitting out venom. GauntZero is another guy trying to help out as well despite how much he loved the old beta system. We should be high lighting better people instead of some ranting troll.

The reason I commented was because of some peoples KGBesque attempts to force Homonculus off the forum. Although ill put his comments reflect a number of peoples sheer frustration at the way this Beta has gone. Unfortunately FFG did not have faith in their own abilities and bottled it. I am afraid tinkering at the edges will not help what is essentially an Only War clone, rather than the chance to create something that was a progression on from Only War. The best that can be done here is to convince FFG that they have screwed up and should go back to the innovative drawing board. And if people do not like my point of view they can just live with it.

It might help, particularly if they were properly explored and tested

I think there is so much frustration because FFG doesn't speak to us and therefore we have no idea what is going on.

I think there is so much frustration because FFG doesn't speak to us and therefore we have no idea what is going on.

Probably true.

And they can't really, because of how interlectual property rights work, as I understand.

“Even a short period of isolation is enough for heresy to breed. The call for vigilance is unending.”

—Reputed words of Ezzarth Felissimo

They do, in subtle ways

This is the biggest issue with most FFG stuff. Emails are the only form of correspondence they respond to, which is so **** limiting. I understand it's probably Games Workshop's fault that they don't go posting on the forums, but I really wish it wasn't the case.

wow, I am amazed by the friendly and wise reactions to this topic. It shows that these boards are really good .. I mean, a topic that starts like this would have become a flame war and then a locked thread on most boards, and faster than you can say 'Emperor'.

Can't speak for others, but at this point I'm literally too ambivalent about the beta to flame about it. But yeah, we do have our moments, I guess.