What do you think is the best house for melee?

By Giantsfan940, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I'm just curious as to what other people think. Disregarding the whole: "a skilled player can win with any house" thing. Also I don't think all six houses are perfectly balanced. Personally (at least in my playgroup) I'd say Lannister with Baratheon as a close second. Feel free to mention which you think is the worst as well.

Are you talking about decks built from a full card pool or budget decks built from a limited card pool? It's an important distinction.

Because, honestly, I'd put most houses pretty even with a deck tuned for Melee - it's a judicious choosing of the titles and building a plot deck designed with initiative in mind (to help ensure you have your pick of titles) that influences the winner a LOT.

In our group, in the last few months, Targ has won Melee at least three times (using Dothraki no less), Lanni once or twice I think, Bara once, Stark once, Martell has won a couple and Greyjoy hasn't won in Melee at all (that I can recall).

But that changes depending on the matchups and who techs for what.

Are you talking about decks built from a full card pool or budget decks built from a limited card pool? It's an important distinction.

Because, honestly, I'd put most houses pretty even with a deck tuned for Melee - it's a judicious choosing of the titles and building a plot deck designed with initiative in mind (to help ensure you have your pick of titles) that influences the winner a LOT.

In our group, in the last few months, Targ has won Melee at least three times (using Dothraki no less), Lanni once or twice I think, Bara once, Stark once, Martell has won a couple and Greyjoy hasn't won in Melee at all (that I can recall).

But that changes depending on the matchups and who techs for what.

I'd say my playgroup as a whole has a practically a full pool.

Greyjoy ;)

Greyjoy has won the melee events at both Worlds and Stahleck in the past couple of weeks, so I'd say they are at the very least in strong contention. But honestly there's no house I'd consider weak right now, with the possible exception of Stark - the nerfing of Siege has left them without a clear and obvious T1 build.

Greyjoy. They are the most fit to survive the attrition contest that Melee is.

I'd listen to Serazu, he's a world-class deck builder ;)

I'd listen to Serazu, he's a world-class deck builder ;)

:-D

No, they should listen to the world champ.

Edited by Serazu