Centurion Armor

By pearldrum1, in Deathwatch House Rules

look up the stats on nemesis dreadknight armor. uses set strength, constitution and dex. 75 for str and con and 30 I think for dex.

size increased to enormous

unnatural strength (X3)75

unnatural constitution (X3)75

dexterity 40

marine uses the wounds of the centurion (100) if reduced to 0 so is the occupant. burn fate point to survive.

essentially master-crafted force field (35) same as TDA

AP 15 all is listed for dreadknight I would give 16-18 to centurion armor front and sides maybe 15 rear

listed centurion armor weaponry

must be level 8 (devastator/assault) to use and hero renown

that's my 2 cents

end of line

So, constitution I am assuming you mean Toughness and Dexterity I am assuming you mean Agility.

I don't like using the wounds of the centurion nearly as much as I do ablative armor and high AP.

Since I am playing a PbP it is highly unlikely that anyone will reach level 8 any time soon. This would not be an item that is available for requisition, rather it would be an item given for very special missions (perhaps only once) at my behest.

A fun "Hold the Line" mission for Epic battles.

laughter yeah toughness and agility, my years of D&D showing

It happens to the best of us. No worries.

I would say that enemies do get a bonus to hit because of the size modifier and lack of a black carapace interface. But this seems pretty balanced!

I would agree with you. Definitely.

The Dreadknight is a monst(e)rous creature, and those are converted differently. The CA is nowhere near a Dreadknight.

Moreover, the force field is a conversion of its TT Invulnerable save, which Centurion armour does not give.

Using standard FFG conversions, the Cenurion armour would be something like

Strength 50, US x3

Toughness 50, UT x3

Agility 20 or so

+30 Wounds

AP 14 everywhere

NO force field

No ability to Dodge

Edited by bogi_khaosa

Hey.. I know this is an old topic and I'm behind the power curve, but here's my take one Centurions...

Terminator Armor as a base... it's AP 14

add the effects of a shield.. depending on what books you draw from this could be any thing from 3-6 AP.. I like 6 because AP 20 is the base of most vehicles and the Centurion suit is essentially a vehicle..

that said we should continue to treat it like a hybrid vehicle...

looking at the stats a Dreadnought has a S of 70 SB 14...

I think that's pretty weak but I don't like to undermine what the book says if I can avoid it so lets say

WS *, BS *, S 60 [sB 12], T-, Ag 30, Int-WP * (* being the pilots score)

that covered, the rest reads like a vehicle.

Type : Walker

Tac Speed : 5m (3 +2 because its' Enormous)

Cruise Speed : 25kph (most Cruise speeds seem to be Tac speed x5ish)

Size Enormous (Size mod +20, Concealment -20, Movement +2)

Structural Integrity : 25 (Dreadnought -10, incidently it's the same as a Rhino APC... huh)

Carry Cap: None

Crew : One Marine

Renown : Distinguished (I might catch flak for that but it's supposed to be more prevalent that Terminator honors so... THAT SAID.. I feel they should be mission specific @ GM's discretion!)(PS. They wouldn't need a Req score because it's only Issued by the GM as per the campaign... if I was a player and you were my in my squad and used all our Req to by a slow ass battlesuit and they we get on the ground and we have to walk slow as f--k because you walk slow as f--k... I'd be mad...)

Weapons : Hurricane Bolter (50m; -/6/12; 2d10+5 X [this could be changed to 1d10+9 X as per the Erreta]; Pen 4; Clip 300; Reload 3 Full; Tearing; Twin-linked)

or that weird pattern Missile Launcher I've never seen used... (Sorry no stats for that)

And of course, two of Whatever fist with your Players Chapter... though the common choices seem to be Heavy Bolters, Lascannons... assault drills... these weapons are all in the various source books so plug and play away)

Specials :

Walker : Ignore penalties for through difficult terrain; negotiate **** terrain without penalty)

Reinforced : Halves the result of Critical Dmg and not effected by the Crit Chart for Righteous Fury.

Dreadnoughts also have Combat walker but that gives them an inherent melee bonus that would not suit a Marine operating a vehicle as opposed to a Venerable-Brother entombed inside his warsuit for Emperor knows how long...

As for Qualifiers... I'd say Operate (Surface) +10, Operate (Walker) +10, taken as Elite Advances if necessary... or otherwise have a history that relates to Centurion operation or Training..

That's what I came up with in an hour... if you agree then high-five! if not, let me know what you'd change and why and so I can do better in the future... thanx! ^_^

Personally my thought about this before I saw this topic was rather than give it its own wounds or ablative wounds, give the wearer a straight +10 toughness while in the suit. Similar to the strength bonuses power armor normally gives.

Interesting to see the debate here nonetheless.

So, constitution I am assuming you mean Toughness and Dexterity I am assuming you mean Agility.

I don't like using the wounds of the centurion nearly as much as I do ablative armor and high AP.

Since I am playing a PbP it is highly unlikely that anyone will reach level 8 any time soon. This would not be an item that is available for requisition, rather it would be an item given for very special missions (perhaps only once) at my behest.

A fun "Hold the Line" mission for Epic battles.

Do you got any room in that PbP?

Perhaps make it so that turning around takes a half action, no dodging, and a -20 agility penalty.

OK, everyone. I know I have been an absentee poster but I finally got around to statting these bad boys up today. Granted, not all of the weapon stats are on there, but it is still a work in progress. I decided not to go the vehicle or vehicle-hybrid route but props to you Castro. At least this way players will have a couple of options should they want to use these things. That being said, I haven't playtested it yet and I don't know how viable it is the way I made it but hopefully I will get to find out soon.

Centurion Armor
Armor : Body/Legs/Arms: 16, Head: 0 (use PC's helmet stats)*
Size : Enormous (+20 to hit)
Strength : +10 (US x3)
Toughness : +10 (UT x3)
Agility : -30
Requisition : 60
Renown : Distinguished (But can only be specially assigned by Watch Commander/GM)
Prerequisites : Pilot (personal) +10 - OR- Operate (Surface/Walker) +10 -OR- PC Backstory justification**
Weapon Systems (If Twin-Linked option is chosen, both arms are equipped with weapon of choice. PCs cannot twin-link two different weapon systems or two sets of the same weapon on each arm)
Assault Variant :
- Arm Mounted: Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer (heavy; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+12 E, pen 6; Mag: 10; Rld: -; Flame, Spray) -OR- Twin-Linked Meltagun (basic; 30m; S/-/-; 2d10+14, pen 12; Mag: 6; Rld: -; Melta)
- Chest Mounted: Ironclad Assault Launcher (Front Facing; Single use; 10m; 2d10 X, pen 0: Fires in 45 degree cone forcing pinning test from all in range) -OR- Hurricane Bolter (Front Facing; 50m; -/6/12; 1d10+9 X, pen 4; Mag: 300; Rld: -; Tearing, Twin-Linked)
- Fist Mounted: Siege Drill(s) ( melee; 5d10+10 R, pen 10; Twin-linked OR 2d10+15 R, pen 10 for single drill)
Devastator Variant :
- Arm Mounted: Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter -OR- Twin-Linked Lascannon - OR- Missile Launcher
- Chest Mounted: Hurricane Bolter
Special :
- As the suits are not directly linked to the Marine's black carapace pilots cannot dodge (though they can still parry as normal) nor run when encased in Centurion armor.
*Armor is only added to the front and sides of the wearer. Attacks from behind use the PC's base armor stats and toughness.
**While this is statted as armor, it could very easily be treated like a vehicle. Given the description of the suit, some type of advanced operator skills should be required just as Pilot (Personal) is required for jump pack operation.

Yeah, ablative is the key word here, guys. I see this as basically having armor that is aw4easome at first but can be chipped away. As a quick rule which may not work and needs tested, any time an attack rolls a 10 on damage, the armor loses one point of protection. This means this suit will need repairs after every battle.

Krak weapons that roll a 9 or 10 on damage cause the location his to lose d3 points of armor as krak is specifically made to defeat armor.

Started a PbP playtest with my Deathwatch group. We are rocking them without ablative armor to see if it needs to be added on. With the unnatural toughness boost, I don't think it will need it.

I like what you did there pearldrum, but there are few butts:

Strenght bonus should be like in terminator armor - +30 plus unnatural x3, those bonuses dont count for unnatural anyway. +10 to toughness and unnatural x3 seems ok.

I like the idea with ablative armor. Could be something like armor 10 + ablative 6. And afterwards you can roll on location hit if something was damaged.

I dont like the idea that siege drill deal so much damage as lasscannon. Make it something like power fist on steroids -

2d10+ additional multiplier for strenght (total x4) (standard marine SB4x4= 16+3 from armor, Pen 10, power field, razor sharp - that way you deal resonably outrageous damage to everyone like 30 + pen 10, and 10 more vs stationary targets against which razor sharp would automatically kick in (like eviscerator in OW).