40k Unified RPG project

By professor_kylan, in Rogue Trader House Rules

I've been working for some time on a unified RPG for the 40k universe, stealing aspects I liked from each of the core FFG systems and hammering them together into something similar, but a little stranger. The idea was to be able to give players a certain amount of XP and they could make practically anything in the worldframe they wanted, with some vestige of balance thrown in for good measure.

I've been playtesting this with my group for a while, with Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Astartes characters all making appearances, and I'm now looking for outside opinions. Right now it's still a little rough and ready, but I feel it's complete enough to get a general feel for the concepts involved.

If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your time!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByhgPzi5giNyUWFDWENtdzZPdmM/edit?usp=sharing

Right now you have it set to require permission for people to view your Google Doc folder.

Sorry about that - still new to Google Drive. Should be good to go now!

Dude you should do this for a living good stuff here

Thanks mate! Honestly, if someone from FFG is reading this and needs a freelancer, MORE than happy to apply!

Dear Emperor, this doktor Kylan must be.... Xenos. Fine work, if my frigate ever takes flight +2 profit factor will be dealt your way. You should be paid for such fervor and faith in the Living God, your non-human body is forgiven although we still must eventually deal with such a heretic with promethium. FF pay the man or send him a T-Shirt!

Double toughness bonus for wounds is a bad idea. That means, that all will get at least 4 TB do get +8 and then all characters will have almost the same wounds value.

Better get values from RT, and then add +8 to all. That way feral will have 1d5 +10, void born 1d5+8 etc.

I don't like humours. Better to use familiar system of aptitudes.

Essentially, you made too much changes to the original system. That makes it all TL;DR - if I wanted to play another game in the same setting, I could use your rules. Its "unified" completely different system.

Edited by Amaimon

Dobule toughness bonus for wounds is a bad idea. That means, that all will get at least 4 TB do get +8 and then all characters will have almost the same wounds value.

Better get values from RT, and then add +8 to all. That way feral will have 1d5 +10, void bor 1d5+8 etc.

I don't like homours. Better to use familiar system of aptitudes.

Essentially, you made to much changes to the original system. That makes it all TL;DR - if I wanted to play another game in the same setting, I could use your rules. Its "unified" completely different system.

Spellcheck, mate.

I've only given it a quick glance, but it looks solid. It is a new system, comparable to BC for loyalists. I like the Humours idea.

I like it for what it is.