Having fun with the professor

By zreef, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Considering your running SMC and clone chip you probably won't get a lot of use from workshop.

However I do notice you're running aurora and no corroder I suggest swapping these two ad corrodor is cheaper for every(?) barrier.

Also your running 2 levy but you're unlikely to go through your deck twice you could replace the 2nd with a same old thing. This means if you get the levy early you can ditch it if not you can use same old thing on a different event if need be.

A Test-run/Scavenge combo also works nicely with Femme Fatale, if you want to install her for cheap or use her bypass ability on two different servers in the same turn. Extra Scavenges can also be used to re-target her later if the ICE she's pointing at gets trashed (the same can be said of installing over and clone-chipping, but that's a little clunkier, and wastes a clone chip).

Selling a Femme or Cyber-Cypher to Aesop and then Clone Chipping it is a super-effective combo since you can put the components down in any order without clogging your grip.

That said, I notice a dearth of cards which can be sold to Aesop, unless you are planning to sell off programs regularly instead of installing over them.

Edited by Grimwalker

here is the current version of the deck, going to take it for a few test runs this weekend.

The goal is to sell off programs instead of overwriting. Also, trashing programs liberally for credits from the grip. This is why I want 2x Levy AR, to have backup mechanisms of getting programs into the stack. We will see if it works in practice or not.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
Identity:
Total Cards: (45)
Event: (16)
Hardware: (5)
Program: (17)
Ninja (Core) x1 ■■
Resource: (7)
Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 12
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 48
Edited by zreef

I would add a third "Levy AR Lab Access" to make sure that your can get your cards back when you are constantly trashing things. Worth exceeding 45 cards for in IMO.

I am still trying to figure out what "Levy AR Lab Access" is an anagram for. The NetRunner 1.0 equivalent card was "MIT West Tier" which was an anagram for "Timetwister" which was a reference to a Magic the Gathering card with basically did the same thing....basically.

It's not an anagram at all. Levy University is a location in the Android universe, which I believe amongst other things has courses to do with software creation. AR is Augmented Reality. So this card is basically allowing you to use the Augmented Reality Lab situated in Levy University.

"The goal is to sell off programs instead of overwriting. Also, trashing programs liberally for credits from the grip".

I am still new to ANR but doesn't Aesop specifically refer to installed programmes?

This being the case, a player can't trash stuff from grip for credits can they?

I am still new to ANR but doesn't Aesop specifically refer to installed programmes?

This being the case, a player can't trash stuff from grip for credits can they?

Not unless they also have Freelance Coding Contract.

You're correct Aesop's can only be used for installed cards, but it's not limited to programs.