A pettition for a cooperative baord game set in Warhammer Fantasy

By Beren Eoath, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

In 2015 Warhammer Quest will be 20 years old maybe FFG would be so good and celebrate this anniversary with a special game. here are mane great games on the market but I still have a sentiment for Warhammer Fantasy setting. So I thought I will post it here to let FFG know and consider makeing a new great game set in this universe.

I would love to see a board game set in the Old World that would allow 1-4 player to play as adventurers and go on quests. The game could be a mix of Descent, LOTR LCG and WFRP mechanics. It could have expansions bringing new heroes for players and new scenarions to play. The game would be fully cooperative and would allow 1 or up to 4 players to have fun. Maybe it would also have a campain mechanics thet would allow players to play a series of scenarios/quests that woyld make a full story.

It will not be a new edition of Warhammer Quest or a clone of LOTR LCG, nothing like that. it should ba a completly new title that would have the feeling of Warhammer Fantasy.

I hope that FFG would make such a game, becouse this setting is missing something like that.

Cheers

Edited by Beren Eoath

I would really love to see a new edition of warhammer quest being published. But I hope it will not look like descent. I enjoy warhammer quest and hero quest much more than any version of descent. Of course, I would really like this new edition to have multisided custom dice just like wfrp 3rd ed. Lets hope that ffg will provide us with a new version of this great game that so many gamers are looking for!

A new edition of Warhammer Quest would be great! Let's hope FFG makes one.

I would not hope for a new Warhammer Quest becouse FFG, as far as I know, does not have the rights for miniatures. but a similar game that would allow player to play cooperative with cards, dice and without overlord/GM would be something that I would love to see.

They got many great mechanics for there games, many nice art for Warhammer Fantasy. MIx it. Make a cooperative game FFG, please.

If they would ever do a new Warhammer Quest then I think without miniatures but with cards or sculps like those from Relic. That would fit me as well.

I hope that someone at FFG thought of this and maybe we don't know it but they are already working on it.

Hm, being a big fan of Warhammer Quest back in its day (I got to sort of re-live it with the iPad game) I would love to see something like this. They could even use a bunch of the cardboard stuff they made for WFRP. Particularly the character/npc standups.

It would not have to use the WFRP rules, but it I do not think it would be too bad a fit, to use the WFRP dice and then just have a couple of success/failure tables for nomral actions. Imagine having a small selection of characters with predetermined stats to draw from who had the basic St/Th/Ag/Int/Wp/Fel stats and predetermined starting equipment. Then each of those characters has a small stack of cards, where you randomly draw or select a couple of cards and you are ready to go. There are monster cards and item cards as well, so you can randomly draw encounters and rewards.

****, now I became tempted to mix my WQ box and my WFRP box to write my own Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Quest game :D

Anyway, yeah. A GM-less boardgame rpg set in Warhammer would be very welcome.

Hm, being a big fan of Warhammer Quest back in its day (I got to sort of re-live it with the iPad game) I would love to see something like this. They could even use a bunch of the cardboard stuff they made for WFRP. Particularly the character/npc standups.

It would not have to use the WFRP rules, but it I do not think it would be too bad a fit, to use the WFRP dice and then just have a couple of success/failure tables for nomral actions. Imagine having a small selection of characters with predetermined stats to draw from who had the basic St/Th/Ag/Int/Wp/Fel stats and predetermined starting equipment. Then each of those characters has a small stack of cards, where you randomly draw or select a couple of cards and you are ready to go. There are monster cards and item cards as well, so you can randomly draw encounters and rewards.

****, now I became tempted to mix my WQ box and my WFRP box to write my own Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Quest game :D

Anyway, yeah. A GM-less boardgame rpg set in Warhammer would be very welcome.

I really like this idea!! But having the option to run the game with a gm too, would be a plus I think :)

Lets hope for its release

FFG is ending Warhammer: Invasion and will not develop any new content to that gamer. Is this a sign of the end times or a dawn of a new era? From my point of view it could go two ways. One FFG will drop the Warhammer Fantasy licence and stick only with W40k. But looking at the plans for releasing Warhammer: Discwars maybe they will stay with all warhammer worlds. So maybe the end of W:I is a sign for a new game set in Warhammer fantasy, maybe a new card game (a card version of Warhammer Quest or something new). Maybe not a card game but something completly new in design. The future will tell, but one thing is sure - something is starting to go on in FFG regarding Warhammer Fantasy setting.

Now that FFG has announced a WQ card game, I find this thread amusing to read through. Spot on guess from Beren Eoath at the end here :)

I like coop games, Arkham Horror etc. are great fun, though jury is out on this one till it arrives. That said, nice to see FFG still have licence to use the fantasy setting. The game would have been in development for some time but hopefully it's release indicates a "going forward" idea of using the fantasy setting.

One can easily see expansions for other "missions" in other locations.

From what I've seen and read it seems to be something somewhat comparable to the Death Angel card game. A group of player who each has a character with a set of action cards which they play to handle a constantly oncoming stream of enemies.

And as for other things in production using the proper Warhammer setting:

Yes, so My thoughts on a new game where correct. What can I say - good for me!

On GenCon in the In-Flight Report there was a question about switching to age of sigmar and the CEO Christian just anwser:

- it's nice whet they are doing at GW but we think the the Old World also has a lot to offer with it's rich history.

So for some of us like me The Old World is full of good memories and nostalgy, I even like The End Times (maybe not the end of it but the fluff in those) and the new Age of Sigmar at this point does not feel right for me. So hearing FFG still belives in the Old World makes me happy. And I will buy Warhammer Quest: Adventure Card Game becouse it looks fun and is set in my beloved Old World.

Edited by Beren Eoath