Shield of Aeons and Dawnstar sword

By gertat, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Does Shield of Aeons negate the damage caused to the wielder by Dawnstar Sword

Sorry, never mind.

Read the cards again and there is a difference in assign and dealt.

It want be worth it but would be cool with a hero with 2 toughness, Shield of Aeons and Dawnstar sword

Edited by gertat

Another question about a combination with Shield of Aeons.

If you put both Shields of Aeons and Descendant of Gods on the same legend make it almost impossable to do damage to your capital?

34-101.jpg 30-16.jpg

That is correct sir. As I understand, once you get it together, it's a real pain in the butt for your opponent to deal with. The trick is getting it together early enough. First you have to get your legend out, then find and play 7 resources worth of attachments on him/her.

Then if you have that in play the game is over pretty much?

The oppenent cant do combat damage to your capital.

You can always blow up Descendant of the Gods with Pillage or something like that. Instead of paying 7 for these two attachments, you can try putting the Shield under Heroic Task. That's nice.

Great I will test this next time in my Empire deck.

I like to mulligan more than to have it for free

Sorry, never mind.

Read the cards again and there is a difference in assign and dealt.

There is, but if unit takes damage that damage is still assigned (and applied instantly).

Shield doesn't protect from the sword because shield protects while participating in combat, sword deals damage after the combat.

Then if you have that in play the game is over pretty much?

The oppenent cant do combat damage to your capital.

Destroy Descendant (Pillage etc.)

Rodrick's Raiders can take out Descendant of Gods no problem as well, and when it get turned over, it creates an illegal game state (as you can not have a development on your capital) and the card is then discarded.

I have a deck built off this - but yes, getting the legend out, then paying another 7 for both of these - ouch. It usually is either hold on tight, survive by the skin of your teeth, then get them both out and win or hope that all happens and get your ass kicked before it actually does!

Also, running out of cards in your deck has been an issue with this deck. I draw so many to try and get these, or because of the power of my legend in the quest zone, that by the time I've got this combination of cards out and my defence is set, well...I draw myself to a loss before I can burn to of my opponent's zones

Here's the deck:

http://deckbox.org/sets/454716

I thought more of using the combination in a Empire deck so you could get an economy going fast.

And if you use this combination the opponent must destroy your Descendant of Gods and leave your other cards alone.

Hopefully you Can mulligan into.

Balthasar Gelt played in turn 2

Shield of Gods in turn 3 (for 3 because of Balthasars ability)

Descendant of Gods is turn 4 (for 2 because of Balthasars ability)

Ok this is optimal carddraw and if the opponent dont mess with your plans.

This way (sammann11) you have the protection that the opponent have to burn 3 zones so you have a little more time to get it set up and it is less likely you end up with a loss because that your cardpool run out.

Even if you take longer time than 4 turns to get it set up it can be worth it.

But hasnt tested my deck yet so dont know if it works in real gameplay.

opponent have to burn 3 zones

It is you who have to burn 3 zones, not opponent :D

Hahahaha

What a huge error from our part (me and my brother).

We have played as both players have to burn 3 zones if you play the 3 cost legends like Balthasar.

Hahaha back to the drawingboard

Thanks Virgo

Edited by gertat

Didn't you feel like legends such as Crone are a bit overpowered? XD

Yes we felt it was owerpowered but because we read it the same way we accepted it.

I think its the translation of the word you to Swedish that was tricked us.

It can in Swedish mean even many people in generell sense/meaning.

Have discussed this change with my brother and we both feel it wasnt effected the outcome of the games so much but its going to effect future deck builds.

I think this will be good thing for us.

The other legends are going to be used more and this opens up for more strategies

Edited by gertat

When do the Bloodthirsters effect (uncancable damage) kick in.

Does Shield of Aeons work against the uncancable damage?

I thought more of using the combination in a Empire deck so you could get an economy going fast.

And if you use this combination the opponent must destroy your Descendant of Gods and leave your other cards alone.

Hopefully you Can mulligan into.

Balthasar Gelt played in turn 2

Shield of Gods in turn 3 (for 3 because of Balthasars ability)

Descendant of Gods is turn 4 (for 2 because of Balthasars ability)

Ok this is optimal carddraw and if the opponent dont mess with your plans.

This way (sammann11) you have the protection that the opponent have to burn 3 zones so you have a little more time to get it set up and it is less likely you end up with a loss because that your cardpool run out.

Even if you take longer time than 4 turns to get it set up it can be worth it.

But hasnt tested my deck yet so dont know if it works in real gameplay.

Tested 2 times now and got the combination in play both times.

When do the Bloodthirsters effect (uncancable damage) kick in.

Does Shield of Aeons work against the uncancable damage?

As long as Bloodthirster is in play no damage can be cancelled.

And uncancable damage is, as it name suggests, uncancelable :P

Thought so much Thanks