Timescape?

By Zozimusque Romanus, in Relic

Has anyone tried playing Relic as a substitute for the Timescape expansion to the old 2nd ed. of Talisman? Would it work? Is there a way to use part of the Relic board, or cards, in this way, or is it just too different of a game to be able to use it like this? I'm thinking of buying Relic to try to use in in conjunction with Talisman, but if it's impossible, I won't bother. Any thoughts?

It would be easy enough to shoehorn Relic into a game of Talisman, but the scale of the game would undoubtedly increase playing time as it is a full-sized board rather than something akin to a region board.

It would be possible to use the decks along with a smaller version of the board, perhaps even a copy of the original Timescape with a few changes.

I'd be interested in seeing more ideas on this subject.

Me too. It would be possible to move whole or almost whole Relic to the Talisman, but only if the players know both games very well and know that the Power cards and the Spells are pretty much the same thing (though can be played as a separate entities as well) or for example that the battles in Relic are exactly the same as in the Talisman but the steps just have a different names.

I have never played the Timescape expansion but I have Talisman and Relic, and rather than shoehorn Relic into Talisman, I feel that Talisman should imitate its younger brother and have some craft/strength threat icons on the board. :P

I know that Talisman is loved (and I like it a lot) and when I play it now that I play Relic more often, my friends and I muse about what Talisman 5th edition would look like.

Presumably, creating craft/strength threat icons would not be "terribly hard" (I say this in inverted comas because I know that TalismanIsland has in fact designed for Talisman, and I get the feeling it is very hard work).