Destiny dice restricted ?

By FrondPetalson, in Game Mechanics

stop putting me down and I will :)

Keep in mind the question leads the answer because it indicates that Careful Planning costs a Destiny Point to use. I relied on your description of the talent to make my reply, perhaps Tony did too?

I did the same, to be honest, since I didn't have my book with me at the time of posting.

stop putting me down and I will :)

Facepalm_227785.jpg

That's the ONE downside of having a massive tome of rules - without constantly referrencing rules as you apply them, you're likely to forget or misinterpret things. No big issue.

Group hug?

That's the ONE downside of having a massive tome of rules - without constantly referrencing rules as you apply them, you're likely to forget or misinterpret things. No big issue.

Group hug?

one thing that really helps is to capsulize the descriptions on a reference sheet or two. If I'd bothered to check my cheat sheets (descriptions therein based upon going through the full text), I'd have noticed the As If... Laziness in my case.

Homey don't do group hugs.

So Careful Planning doesn't require a DP but can only be used once a session, Utility Belt does require a DP and can be used as many times as there are points.

I suppose the benefit to Utility Belt over a basic DP is that it is considered on your person already and can be drawn as an incidental. It also more clearly defines the weapons or items that can be drawn from it.

So Careful Planning doesn't require a DP but can only be used once a session, Utility Belt does require a DP and can be used as many times as there are points.

I suppose the benefit to Utility Belt over a basic DP is that it is considered on your person already and can be drawn as an incidental. It also more clearly defines the weapons or items that can be drawn from it.

Well, the other perk to Utility Belt talent is that it removes the "GM approval" aspect of spending a Destiny Point. So the PC can pull a Batman and whip pretty much anything out of the belt, so long as it's Rarity is 4 or less. Generally, the GM has to approve such a thing, and can veto it if they feel that having the item isn't plausible for the situation at hand.

Homie don't play dat.

Homie don't play dat.

http://youtu.be/YxYvzVxJtYM

Hell to the yeah.