How does the Daemon Weapon Reward work?

By BrosephKony2012, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

One of my players got a Daemon weapon of Khorne, and I was curious, how do you create the weapon? Can you bind the demon into a weapon you already have? Do you have to take a sword or an axe and build it from that?

Up to the GM. It's usually preferable for the player if your preferable (and currently used weapon) is the one turning into a daemon weapon, than some random weapon you may not even want to use.

Rules for creating Daemon Weapons are in the BC Core Rulebook. Alternatively you could use some of the Daemon Weapons presented in either the Core Rulebook or the various expansions that are out already.

BYE

I could see it working either way. Khorne might show his favor by sending one of his daemons into your existing weapon or he might donate a weapon or he could send a daemon for you to fight and subjugate (though I wouldn't run a full binding ritual as this is a Gift of the Gods - you've worked for it by gaining the necessary corruption).

How do you determine the Binding Strength if you don't use a binding ritual? These kind of rules lucanae irritate me. :(

How do you determine the Binding Strength if you don't use a binding ritual? These kind of rules lucanae irritate me. :(

You could just choose. I personally am glad the game doesn't hand-hold you through making personal choices.

But as a bench-marker, look at how much corruption that player has; the more corrupt he is, the more powerful the weapon should be.

Otherwise you'll run into the situation where the player feels as if the weapon is too weak and never uses it; at that point it's hardly a "gift".

Roll a 1d2 or 1d3 and see what it turns out to be. Gifts/Rewards are random already, so adding a bit more random doesn't hurt.