Question re Counterspell effect on Teleport.

By Nwelte, in Talisman Rules Questions

Was playing a game last night. I cast teleport, and my wife case Counterspell. Since my spell is no gone, do I get to roll to move instead or do I stay put and simply miss my turn?

nwelte said:

Was playing a game last night. I cast teleport, and my wife case Counterspell. Since my spell is no gone, do I get to roll to move instead or do I stay put and simply miss my turn?

I would say you roll for your move. Teleport had no effect and everything that is written on the Spell card never takes place. You haven't cast the Spell "instead of your normal move", so you have to roll for your (normal) move.

It doesn't matter whether or not the Teleport Spell worked. It is cast instead of rolling the die for movement, so therefore your turn ends immediately. You do not move.

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

It doesn't matter whether or not the Teleport Spell worked. It is cast instead of rolling the die for movement, so therefore your turn ends immediately. You do not move.

Ell.

If this is the way to deal with it, then I must reconsider all my thoughts about Spells!

Please have a look at the other threads of this subsection; there are many points that need clarification.

Which ones would you like an answer for?

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

Which ones would you like an answer for?

Ell.

The one about St.Josephine. I raised some parallels with Spells that might be inappropriate, so please have a look and tell us the truth.