looking for advice on my first steps in a game of thrones lcg

By seanzilla, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

hi i am looking for some advice from all of you knowledagble people.

i have recently been hooked on the final fantasy bug spending lots on x wing and a few other core sets of the invasion lcg and star wars lcg.

but its the game of thrones lcg that has recently caught my eye. i am a former mtg player and i love the idea of sets not rotating and cards not becoming obsolete. anyway to my question.

im looking to buy into this game and was wondering where to start it will be my collection that i use with my 3 brothers i have about £150-200 to spend and was looking for a wide spread of cards for all houses.

odviously the core set is a good start but are multiples a good choice like 2 or 3 of them and what cycles would be a good choice the most recent or start fom the oldest. if i realy gett hooked i will aim to own 3 of every card but for a good start what would people suggest?

also deluxe exspansions what ones would people suggest

sean

Edited by seanzilla

2 Cores are a good start - there's enough cards in the core set {(Which is mostly singletons) you'd want 2 copies of for adeck.

Beyond that, the house expansions tend to give good bang for your buck - it's probably easiest to focus on a particular house and buy the packs with the strongest cards for that house.

www.cardgamedb.com has a lot of good resources, including newbie guides and a deck database.

It's also worth showing up to a meetup and talk to someof the more experienced people there. Where in the UK are you based? There are regular metas in London, Sheffield, Stoke, Coventry, Southend, Exeter, and others, and you'd probably want to show up there!

Check out the New Player link in my signature. If you have any more questions after reading it, I'd be happy to help. Thrones is an awesome game.

Depending on how long draft packs will take to hit shelves proper, perhaps wait and pick up enough draft packs for you and your friends to all play.

Come to Black Friday!