Creeper Plant

By devilmonkey, in Rules Discussions

53.jpg

1) When can you activate the effect? After you've played it on another's World Card? Only when played as a Dark/Friend? From your hand?

2) Would it's effect work on Stealth Sneak?

(I really hope the 2nd one works. otherwise WR Dark Decks are doomed)

The second one is not corect because it says damage and stealth sneak can't take damage

umm..devil? Didn't we answer the first one on the old forums? Naughty Monkey not paying attention! lol

6.)When can you activate the Creeper Plant effect? When he's in your friend area? On your world? or from your hand?
A) It has to be in play, either in your Friend Area or placed on a World Card, before you can discard it for its effect.

As for being able to damage a Sneak...the answer is obviously no. Stealth Sneak states: "All damage done to this card is reduced to 0"

Creeper Plant deals 1 damage, so therefore, the Sneak is auto-escape for a Dark WR.

on the old forums, yes gui%C3%B1o.gif

as for the 2nd part...well at this point you can't knock off assumption as a factor in ruling. and oru assumption was that FFG would never have released a near-doomed deck type (Dark WR) So in this case, we thought they'd made a text mistake and intended Creepers effect to be the only defense against Stealth for Dark WR.

but meh, thems the breaks

Sorry monkey, but for now sneak = escape for Dark WR's

Good thing I'm not a fan of using Dark Decks!

to each his own, i find them to come in handy.
swarm close to fifteen friends at once on the field.

Roxas said:

to each his own, i find them to come in handy.
swarm close to fifteen friends at once on the field.

The reason I hate it is because it can be made useless easily...

Say Monstro Lv 1 is played...then White Mush is your only hope which you may not pull...

acutally that isn't a problem for me...by the time my friend has gotten the change to Monstro lvl 1 me....I had Wizard on the field and then I can hit him for more without a simba lvl 4 or any healing going on

But we digress off topic lol.

if creeper plant was intended to kill sneak then it would have been worded as such, a lot of the cards were changed before they were finally released so it was intended. killing sneak along doesn't make the Dark WR inviable, it just doesn't give it answers to 1 paticular heartless. if you see a lot sneak in your metagame then the switch to light should seem obvious.