True Mage and Dance to Loec Action.

By Horatius, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hello!

If I have in play True Mage

Action: when you play a development from you hand, place ...

And I play Dance to Loec

Action: Play this card as a development (it does not count against you development limit)

What happens? Can I trigger the Action of the True Mage?

I think no because I don't play a development but a tactic and the development enters in play by a card effect . What do you think?

You play tactic which resolves into playing it as a development.

It triggers True Mage.

But True Mage says when you play development from your hand this is the trigger, the development enter in play by a effect thatcher not trigger. Please can you explain?

If this is so, okay but the wording of Dance to Loec it's wrong because as the saying Horatius you not play a development from your hand but a tactic. T heoretical Dance to Loec activate Visit the Hunted City and Mining Tunnels and all cards with in text "When you play a development from your hand ..."?

Example

Text: Dance to Loec is a development doesn't count against your development limit (so no Action).

Edited by Hyperfox

I think Virgo is right. The tactic is "entering play" as a development, and it's entering from your hand. It triggers Mining Tunnels as well

But True Mage says when you play development from your hand this is the trigger, the development enter in play by a effect thatcher not trigger. Please can you explain?

You play a card that results in you playing a development. That's it.

If this is so, okay but the wording of Dance to Loec it's wrong because as the saying Horatius you not play a development from your hand but a tactic. Theoretical Dance to Loec activate Visit the Hunted City and Mining Tunnels and all cards with in text "When you play a development from your hand ..."?

Example

Text: Dance to Loec is a development doesn't count against your development limit (so no Action).

You play a tactic from your hand which result in you playing a development (it originates from your hand as the tactic was played from your hand).

Yes, Dance To Loec activates all effects: when you play a development from your hand.

Roger.